Dr Ana Cristina Vasconcelos
Senior Lecturer in Corporate Information Management
BA (Lisboa, Portugal), PGDip (Lisboa, Portugal), PhD (Sheffield Hallam)
The following is a selection of recent publications. A full list can be found here.
- Vasconcelos AC, Martins J, Ellis D & Fontainha E (2019) Absorptive capacity: a process and structure approach. Journal of Information Science, 45(1), 68-83. View this article in WRRO
- Idrees IA, Vasconcelos AC & Ellis D (2018) Clique and elite: inter-organizational knowledge sharing across five star hotels in the Saudi Arabian religious tourism and hospitality industry. Journal of Knowledge Management, 22(6), 1358-1378. View this article in WRRO
- Thatcher A, Vasconcelos AC & Ellis D (2015) An investigation into the impact of information behaviour on information failure: The Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power disaster. International Journal of Information Management, 35(1), 57-63.
- Schauer A, Vasconcelos AC & Sen B (2015) The ShaRInK framework: a holistic perspective on key categories of influences shaping individual perceptions of knowledge sharing. Journal of Knowledge Management, 19(4), 770-790. View this article in WRRO
- Bullingham L & Vasconcelos AC (2013) 'The presentation of self in the online world': Goffman and the study of online identities. Journal of Information Science, 39(1), 101-112. View this article in WRRO
- Vasconcelos AC, Sen B, Rosa A & Ellis D (2012) Elaborations of grounded theory in information research: arenas/social worlds theory, discourse and situational analysis. Library and Information Research, 36(112), 120-146. View this article in WRRO
- Vasconcelos AC, Bibikas D, Kourtesis D, Paraskakis I, Bernardi A, Sauermann L, Apostolou D & Mentzas G (2008) Organisational Knowledge Management Systems in the Era of Enterprise 2.0: The case of OrganiK. Scalable Computing: Practice and Experience, 9(4), 315-327.
- Vasconcelos AC (2008) Dilemmas in knowledge management. Library Management, 29(4-5), 422-443. View this article in WRRO
- Vasconcelos AC (2007) The role of professional discourses in the organisational adaptation of information systems. International Journal of Information Management, 27(4), 279-293. View this article in WRRO
- Vasconcelos AC (2007) The use of grounded theory and of arenas/social worlds theory in discourse studies: A case study on the discursive adaptation of information systems. Electronic Journal of Business Research Methods, 5(2), 125-136.
- Fahey R, Vasconcelos AC & Ellis D (2007) The impact of rewards within communities of practice: A study of the SAP online global community. Knowledge Management Research and Practice, 5(3), 186-198.
- Ellis D, Oldridge R & Vasconcelos A (2004) Community and Virtual Community. Annual Review of Information Science and Technology, 38. View this article in WRRO
- Ellis D & Vasconcelos A (2000) The relevance of facet analysis for World Wide Web subject organization and searching. Journal of Internet Cataloging, 2(3-4), 96-114.
- Ellis D & Vasconcelos A (1999) Ranganathan and the Net: Using facet analysis to search and organise the World Wide Web. Aslib Proceedings, 51(1), 3-10.
- Vasconcelos AC & Ellis, D. () Knowledge Management In Bigdoli, H. (Ed.), Handbook of Technology Management, Vol. 1 New York: John Wiley & Sons.