BA (Kent at Canterbury), Dip Lib (London Metropolitan University), FCLIP, FHEA
The following is a selection of recent publications. A full list can be found here.
- Madden AD, Webber S, Ford N & Crowder M (2018) The relationship between students’ subject preferences and their information behaviour. Journal of Documentation, 74(4), 692-721. View this article in WRRO
- Wella K & Webber S (2018) Embodying HIV and AIDS Information: Experiences of Serodiscordant Couples. Library Trends, 66(4), 442-465.
- Webber SA & Johnston B (2017) Information literacy: conceptions, context and the formation of a discipline. Journal of Information, 11(1), 156-183. View this article in WRRO
- Wella K, Webber SA & Levy P (2017) Myths about HIV and AIDS among serodiscordant couples in Malawi. Aslib Journal of Information Management, 69(3). View this article in WRRO
- Webber S & Johnston B (2013) Transforming Information Literacy for Higher Education in the 21st Century: A Lifelong Learning Approach, 15-30.
- Gumulak S & Webber S (2011) Playing video games: learning and information literacy. Aslib Proceedings, 63(2-3), 241-255.
- Webber S (2010) Investigating modes of student inquiry in Second Life as part of a blended approach. International Journal of Virtual and Personal Learning Environments, 1(3), 55-70.
- Mansourian Y, Ford N, Webber S & Madden A (2008) An integrative model of "information visibility" and "information seeking" on the web. Program: Electronic Library and Information Systems, 42(4), 402-417.
- Boon S, Johnston B & Webber S (2007) A phenomenographic study of English faculty's conceptions of information literacy. Journal of Documentation, 63(2), 204-228.
- Johnston B & Webber S (2006) As we may think: Information Literacy as a discipline for the information age. Research Strategies, 20(3), 108-121. View this article in WRRO
- Webber S, Boon S & Johnston B (2005) A comparison of UK academics’ conceptions of information literacy in two disciplines: English and Marketing. Library and Information Research, 29(93), 4-15. View this article in WRRO
- Johnston B & Webber S (2004) The role of LIS faculty in the information literate university: taking over the academy?. New Library World, 105(1/2), 12-20.
- Johnston B & Webber S (2003) Information literacy in higher education: a review and case study. Studies in Higher Education, 28(3), 335-352.
- Webber S (2003) Information science in 2003: a critique. Journal of Information Science, 29(4), 311-330. View this article in WRRO
- Webber S & Johnston B (2000) Conceptions of information literacy: new perspectives and implications. Journal of Information Science, 26(6), 381-397.
- Webber SAE (1998) Pricing and marketing online information services. Annual Review of Information Science and Technology, 33, 39-83.
- Webber SA, Andrews P, Chapman E, Elmore J, Grace D & Nunn E (2018) Reflections on Running a critLIS Reading Group In Nicholson KP & Seale M (Ed.), The Politics of Theory and the Practice of Critical Librarianship (pp. 167-179). Sacramento: Library Juice Press. View this article in WRRO
Conference proceedings papers
- Batool SH & Webber SA (2017) Conceptions of school libraries and the role of school librarians: findings from case studies of primary schools in Lahore. Information Research: an international electronic journal, Vol. 1(22), 27 June 2016 - 29 June 2016. View this article in WRRO