What does ClaroRead do?
ClaroRead Pro offers reading and writing support for people with dyslexia. It can read as you type, do phonetic spell checking and word prediction. It will also read aloud web pages, pdf files etc.
Where can I access ClaroRead?
ClaroRead is available on all PCs running the IT Services Managed Desktop. This includes the PCs in the Information Commons, the Library and IT Services Student Computer Rooms. ClaroRead is also available on staff PCs that are running the Managed Desktop.
How do I access ClaroRead?
- Click on the Start button and select Software Center. Alternatively, click on the Software Center icon on the desktop.
- A list of available software will appear. This may take several minutes, and you may see the message, "No items found."
- When the list appears, click on ClaroRead. If it isn’t listed, press the F5 key to refresh.
- Click on Install at the bottom right of the screen. The status column shows you the progress of the download.
- When installation is complete, minimise or close Software Center and click on: Start > All Programs > ClaroRead
How do I get help with ClaroRead?
Meet the Inclusive Learning Team.