Dr Jiao Ji
Lecturer in Finance
+44 114 222 0986
Full contact details
Sheffield University Management School
Jiao Ji is a Lecturer (Assistant Professor) in Finance in the division of Accounting and Financial Management at Sheffield University Management School. She holds a BSc. in Accounting (CPA) from Southwestern University of Finance and Economics, a MSc. in Economics and Finance from Durham University, and a Ph.D. in Finance and Accounting from University of Sheffield.
- Research interests
- Board of directors
- Female on the top
- Corporate governance
- Managerial behaviour
- Corporate social responsibility
- Corporate innovation
- Textual analysis in Finance Corporate risk
- Big data analysis
Jiao welcomes PhD applications in the areas of her research interests.
- Frequencies of board meetings on various topics and corporate governance: evidence from China. Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting. View this article in WRRO
- Towards a Well-functioning Stock Market in Context: Critically Appreciating Issues in Interpreting Efficient Markets Research and its Regulatory Implications. Journal of Capital Market Studies, 2(1), 21-36. View this article in WRRO
- Board Meeting Frequencies on Various Topics and Corporate Governance: Evidence from China.
- The Hidden Information Content: Evidence from the Tone of Independent Director Reports.
- Teaching activities
Jiao leads MGT6096 Quantitative Methods for Accounting and Finance. This module provides an understanding of the main mathematical, statistical and econometric techniques that underpin Finance and Accounting research and their application in practice. Students will develop numerical and problem-solving skills, including an introduction to econometrics, i.e. model-based measurement using the theory and techniques of statistical inference.
She also teaches on the following modules in Accounting and Finance:
Undergraduate: MGT251 Quantitative Methods for Accounting and Finance; MGT3007 Emerging Market Finance
Postgraduate: MGT6171 Research Methods for Finance & Accounting; MGT6091 Issues in Finance