Dr Jiao Ji
Lecturer in Finance
+44 114 222 0986
Full contact details
Sheffield University Management School
Jiao Ji is a Lecturer (Assistant Professor) in Finance in the division of Accounting and Financial Management at Sheffield University Management School. She holds a BSc. in Accounting (CPA) from Southwestern University of Finance and Economics, a MSc. in Economics and Finance from Durham University, and a Ph.D. in Finance and Accounting from University of Sheffield.
She also is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA).
- Research interests
Jiao specializes in empirical corporate finance and governance, focusing on areas like corporate risk, misconduct, and disclosure. She is adept in advanced big data analytics, particularly in applying textual analysis to corporate disclosures and social media content. Her interests extend to banking, innovations, ESG/CSR, and behavioural finance.
Jiao is open to PhD applications related to her research interests.
- Legal enforcement and fintech credit: International evidence. Journal of Empirical Finance.
- Frequencies of board meetings on various topics and corporate governance: evidence from China. Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting. View this article in WRRO
- Towards a Well-functioning Stock Market in Context: Critically Appreciating Issues in Interpreting Efficient Markets Research and its Regulatory Implications. Journal of Capital Market Studies, 2(1), 21-36. View this article in WRRO
- Multiple Large Shareholders, Blockholder Trading and Stock Price Crash Risk. European Financial Management.
- Board Tenure Diversity, Culture and Firm Risk: Cross-Country Evidence. Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money. View this article in WRRO
- Board Meeting Frequencies on Various Topics and Corporate Governance: Evidence from China.
- The Hidden Information Content: Evidence from the Tone of Independent Director Reports.
Title Awarding body Dates People involved Amount Exploring the Link Between
Toxic Culture in Banks and
Dr Wei Song
Dr Haofeng Xu
- Teaching activities
Jiao leads MGT6096 Quantitative Methods for Accounting and Finance. This module provides an understanding of the main mathematical, statistical and econometric techniques that underpin Finance and Accounting research and their application in practice. Students will develop numerical and problem-solving skills, including an introduction to econometrics, i.e. model-based measurement using the theory and techniques of statistical inference.
She also teaches on the following modules in Accounting and Finance:
Undergraduate: MGT251 Quantitative Methods for Accounting and Finance; MGT3007 Emerging Market Finance
Postgraduate: MGT6171 Research Methods for Finance & Accounting; MGT6091 Issues in Finance
- Professional activities and memberships
- Associate Editor, Qualitative Research in Financial Markets (ABS 1)
- Committee Member, Corporate Governance Special Interest Group, British Accounting & Finance Association (BAFA)
- External examiner for undergraduate programmes at the University of Aberdeen.