Dr Mirna Jabbour
Lecturer in Accounting
+44 114 222 3352
Full contact details
Sheffield University Management School
Mirna Jabbour is a Lecturer in Accounting at Sheffield University Management School. Mirna has served as Editorial Assistant of the International Journal of Management Accounting since March 2013.
She worked as a Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Management Accounting at Anglia Ruskin University before joining the Management School in September 2015.
- Research interests
Mirna’s current research interest lies within management accounting, particularly risk management, Enterprise Risk Management (ERM), capital allocation practices, and institutional theory applications into management accounting and risk management.
- ERM Adoption in the Insurance Sector – Is it a Regulatory Imperative or Business Value Driven?. Qualitative Research in Accounting and Management, 13(4), 472-510. View this article in WRRO
- Changes in capital allocation practices – ERM and organisational change. Accounting Forum, 39(4), 295-311. View this article in WRRO
- Research group
Mirna has one successful PhD completion as a second supervisor in the area of environmental performance.
She is currently external second supervisor for a doctoral student in the area of risk management.
Mirna is interested in supervising PhD students in the following areas:
- Enterprise Risk Management (ERM)
- Risk Management
- Environmental Performance
- Institutional theory applications into management accounting and risk management
- Teaching interests
Mirna's teaching approach is student-centred, which shifts the activity focus from the lecturer to the student (active and cooperative learning).
She believes in research-led teaching and incorporates this into her teaching practice.
Mirna's teaching interest lies in the area of management accounting. She contributed to teaching on three financial and management accounting modules at Masters level (Financial and Management Accounting), and undergraduate level (Intermediate Financial Accounting - second year; Advances in Management Accounting – third year).
Mirna previously delivered lectures on how to conduct research, and led and delivered a research-led module to third year accounting students.