Dr Mirna Jabbour
Lecturer in Accounting
+44 114 222 3352
Full contact details
Sheffield University Management School
Mirna Jabbour is a Lecturer in Accounting at Sheffield University Management School.
She worked as a Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Management Accounting at Anglia Ruskin University before joining the Management School in September 2015.
Mirna previously served as Editorial Assistant of the International Journal of Management Accounting Research.
- Research interests
Mirna’s current research interest lies within management accounting, particularly risk management, Enterprise Risk Management (ERM), and environmental performance.
- The relationship between enterprise risk management and managerial judgement in decision-making: a systematic literature review. International Journal of Management Reviews.
- Corporate incentives for obtaining higher level of carbon assurance: seeking legitimacy or improving performance?. Journal of Applied Accounting Research.
- Carbon performance, carbon disclosure, and economic performance: the mediating role of carbon (media) legitimacy in the UK. International Journal of Accounting and Economics Studies, 9(1), 8-20. View this article in WRRO
- Stakeholder pressure, eco-control systems, and firms’ performance: empirical evidence from UK manufacturers. Accounting Forum. View this article in WRRO
- ERM Adoption in the Insurance Sector – Is it a Regulatory Imperative or Business Value Driven?. Qualitative Research in Accounting and Management, 13(4), 472-510. View this article in WRRO
- Changes in capital allocation practices – ERM and organisational change. Accounting Forum, 39(4), 295-311. View this article in WRRO
- Carbon media legitimacy in UK companies: actions or words?. Journal of Applied Accounting Research.
- Teaching interests
Mirna is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy. Her teaching approach is student-centred, which shifts the activity focus from the lecturer to the student (active and cooperative learning).
She believes in research-led teaching and incorporates this into her teaching practice.
Mirna's teaching interest lies in the area of management accounting. She teaches on several modules at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
Mirna previously led and delivered a research-based module, where third year accounting students were required to conduct research in the area of environmental disclosure.
- PhD Supervision
Mirna has successfully supervised a number of PhD students to completion. Their research was in the areas of environmental accounting, risk management, and costing systems.
Mirna is interested in supervising PhD students in the following areas:
- Enterprise Risk Management (ERM)
- Risk Management
- Environmental Accounting