ACSE Online Careers Event 2021
The Department of Automatic Control and Systems Engineering (ACSE) is the only Department in the UK and one of the best in the world dedicated to automation and systems engineering. We produce outstanding candidates in the areas of industrial automation, controls, robotics, and systems engineering to mention a few. Our placement and graduate students have been known to secure placements and graduate roles in top companies.
Our annual ACSE Careers Event gives employers, from across the engineering sector, the opportunity to engage with our high calibre students. This allows employers to present their company as well as discuss potential placement and graduate opportunities.
The types of activities that employers could provide to ACSE students include:
- Company presentation of opportunities
- Live Q&A's
- Industry led e-mentoring
- Day in the life of a placement student and graduate
- Mock virtual assessment centres
- Advice on the application and recruitment processes
What will happen at the event
The above activities enable students to get answers to some of the questions that they may have when getting close to finishing their degrees and are wanting to secure placements and/or graduate roles. Such questions include:
- What direction should I take after my degree?
- What are the pros and cons of obtaining and working in an engineering role?
- What would someone who has been in my shoes advise me to do?
- How do I apply for engineering jobs?
Our department offers financial assistance in the form of scholarships and bursaries, in addition to the scholarships offered by the University of Sheffield.