Dr Fiona M Hunter
School of Biosciences
Senior University Teacher
Director of Undergraduate Teaching
- BSc University of Sheffield (1987)
- PhD University of Sheffield (1991)
- NERC Post-doctoral Fellow, Cambridge University (1992-1997)
- Post-doctoral Researcher, Cambridge University (1997-1999)
- Post-doctoral Associate, University of Sheffield (1999-2000)
- Temporary Lecturer, University of Stirling (2000-2001)
- Teaching Assistant, University of Sheffield (2002-present)
- Research interests
My interests lie in the behaviour and ecology of seabirds, my research focuses mainly on sexual selection and sperm competition.
- Sperm viability and sperm competition in insects.. Curr Biol, 12(2), 121-123.
- Strategic allocation of ejaculates by male Adélie penguins.. Proc Biol Sci, 267(1452), 1541-1545.