Full-time Project Coordinator
The SCI is seeking an experienced Project Coordinator to manage and organise various complex projects and events from conception to completion throughout the year using specialist knowledge of both the Chinese language and Culture. The post holder will also manage the webpages and social media presence for the Confucius Institute in an engaging manner in both the English and Mandarin languages. They will be the main point of contact for all financial responsibilities. Candidates should be fluent in both English and Mandarin. The post holder will also manage a first class reception service as well as providing bespoke support to the department .
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinate and manage a range of complex projects throughout the year from conception to completion using specialist knowledge of Chinese language and culture. These include:
o Coordinating language-related projects, such as Language and Cultural School for Adults (evening classes), Mandarin at cooperating schools, Proficiency Tests, scholarships and research collaborations.
o Coordinating culture-related projects, such as China Day, Confucius Day, Competitions and services to local communities.
o Coordinating the Immersion Summer School, Training Programme and initiatives undertaken by the Confucius Institute.
o Supporting the organisation of events and seminars.
• Oversee a variety of support activities to ensure the smooth operation of complex projects. This includes project promotion, enquiries, room bookings, budget management, associated catering, registers, fees, equipment, and communications with individuals, both within the University and with external organisations.
• Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans and reports.
• Create and manage the webpages and social media for the Confucius Institute and draft English and Chinese language news and reports.
• Be the main point of contact at the Confucius Institute for financial management. In line with the University’s financial regulations.
• Manage and oversee a first-class reception service for The Confucius Institute ensuring cover is provided during periods of absence. Please note that queries may be presented either in person, via phone, email and social media. Many of these queries may be made by Chinese speakers.
• The post holder will be required to support some events that take place at weekends with time of in lieu or additional payment made available.
• Any other duties commensurate with the grade of the post. • As a member of our Professional staff you will be expected to demonstrate a commitment to the professional behaviours set out in the Sheffield Professional Framework. Please follow this link for further information: Sheffield Professional Framework.
• Any other duties, commensurate with the grade of the post.
Terms and conditions of employment: Will be those for Grade 5 staff.
Salary for this grade: £22,417 - £25,941 per annum.
This post is fixed term for 12 months with an anticipated start date of 1 November 2019.
Please see the link to the Project Coordinator post here and apply via the university job site.
Application Deadline: by the end of 6th October 2019.
For more information, please contact: