Room bookings for NHS staff
NHS staff members working as part of Sheffield Teaching Hospitals, acting in a professional capacity, can book a selection of rooms at the University of Sheffield for free (as long as your event is also free to attend). Our rooms can be used for teaching, training and meetings.
Complete the form to book a room for dates up to Friday 1 September 2023. For any bookings after this date, please submit your requests from August 2023.
Room booking request for NHS StaffWe will not process any request that is not submitted via this form. Please submit any requests a minimum of 10 working days in advance of the event.
The form asks for the following information:
- Requested location
- Date of the event
- Start and end times
- Maximum number of attendees
- Title of the event
If you book a room with us for the first time, we will also need to indicate the following information:
- Your full name
- Your NHS email address
- Your phone number
Once we have processed your request, we will send a confirmation email with details of the booking to your NHS email account.
We can only process requests whose dates fall during the current Academic Year (running from September until August). Any request for the following academic year must be submitted from the first Monday in August of the current academic year at the earliest.
Rooms available to NHS Staff
The rooms that you can book for free (provided your event is also free) are located in three buildings:
- Medical School (inside the Hallamshire Hospital).
- Samuel Fox House (Northern General Hospital).
- School of Clinical Dentistry - also known as the Dental School (located next to the Charles Clifford Dental Hospital).
About our rooms
Unless mentioned, our rooms have moveable seating, which can be rearranged according to your needs. We only ask that you leave the room in its original state.
Audio visual equipment is available in each of our rooms. Each has a computer and a projector or screen.
Food and drinks
The Heritage Room in the Medical School is the only room where you can have catering all year long (provided that the room is cleared at the end of your event).
During term-time, food and drinks are not allowed in any of our teaching spaces under any circumstance.
Outside of term-time, foods and drinks are allowed in all our seminar rooms, provided the room is cleared at the end of your event.
You can use the University Catering (WithUS Delivered Catering) in the Medical School, Samuel Fox House or the Dental School.
External and conference phone calls
You cannot use the telephone facilities available in our rooms to make external or conference calls, nor are you allowed to bring your own handset to do so.
The University of Sheffield does not offer conferencing services and cannot provide related equipment in these rooms.
We do not provide any additional equipment (such as flip charts, etc).
The Medical School
Lecture Theatres (fixed seating)
- Lecture Theatre 1 (335 people, Floor B)
- Lecture Theatre 2 (221 people, Floor B)
- Lecture Theatre 3 (156 people, Floor F)
- Seminar Room 1 (18 people, Floor B)
- Seminar Room 2 (12 people, Floor B)
- Seminar Room 3 (12 people, Floor B)
- Seminar Room 4 (24 people, Floor B)
- Seminar Room 5 (12 people, Floor B)
- Seminar Room 6 (24 people, Floor B)
- Seminar Room 7 (12 people, Floor B)
- Seminar Room 8 (24 people, Floor C)
- Seminar Room 9 (32 people, Floor C)
- Computer Room / Seminar Room 10 (16 people, Floor C) - fixed seating
Heritage Room (30 people, Floor B)
For any emergency on the day, please contact the porters of the Medical School: +44 (0) 114 222 5549.
Samuel Fox House (NGH)
- Seminar Room G22 (25 people, Ground Floor)
- Seminar Room G22a (36 people, Ground Floor)
- Seminar Room 242 (24 people, Second Floor)
- Seminar Room 243 (60 people, Second Floor)
For any emergency on the day, please contact the porters: +44 (0) 114 222 2212
The Dental School
Lecture Theatre (fixed seating)
Lecture Theatre 1 (120 people, Floor B)
- Seminar Room 1 (30 people, Floor B)
- Seminar Room 2 (30 people, Floor B)
For any emergency on the day, please contact the porters: +44 (0) 114 271 7816
Hiring rooms elsewhere on campus
If you plan to organise a conference or wish to use rooms located elsewhere on our campus, there could be a cost to hire the room(s).
The Associate rate is offered only to NHS Sheffield Teaching Hospital staff, acting in a professional capacity.
If you have any queries, please contact the Central Room Bookings team via email - firstname.lastname@example.org - or phone - +44 (0) 114 222 9060.
A world top-100 university
We're a world top-100 university renowned for the excellence, impact and distinctiveness of our research-led learning and teaching.