Dr Jaime Delgadillo
Clinical Psychology Unit
University of Sheffield
Floor F, Cathedral Court
1 Vicar Lane, Sheffield
Tel:+44 (0)114 2226614
PG Dip Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy
MA Psychoanalytic Studies
PhD Health Sciences Research
Accredited Psychotherapist, British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP)
Member of the Research Committee, British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
Member of the Society for Psychotherapy Research (SPR)
Member of the Editorial Board, Psychotherapy Research
Member of the Editorial Board, Advances in Dual Diagnosis
Chairman of the Northern IAPT Practice Research Network (www.iaptprn.com)
My clinical interests are in CBT for depression, anxiety and addiction problems. My research primarily focuses on the development of methods to predict and prevent poor treatment outcomes (i.e. dropout, persistent distress after therapy, relapse) and to optimally match patients to specific interventions.
My research involves quantitative analyses of practice-based datasets (cohort studies), experimental studies (i.e. randomized controlled trials) and quasi-experimental studies. I am also interested in applying signal detection methods to clinical problems such as psychometric test validation, diagnostic accuracy and prognostic assessments.
- Why do some patients respond less well to evidence-based psychological interventions?
- Why do some patients relapse? Can we prevent relapse?
- What are complex cases and how can we identify them?
- Do complex cases require specific interventions to benefit from therapy?
- Can we improve outcomes by matching patients to specific treatments or procedures?
- Can we improve outcomes using prediction and feedback methods?
A list of key publications can be found below. For a full list of publications please click here.
- Delgadillo J, Overend K, Lucock M, Groom M, Kirby N, McMillan D, Gilbody S, Lutz W, Rubel JA & de Jong K (2017) Improving the efficiency of psychological treatment using outcome feedback technology. Behaviour Research and Therapy, 99, 89-97. View this article in WRRO
- Delgadillo J, Huey D, Bennett H & McMillan D (2017) Case complexity as a guide for psychological treatment selection. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 85(9), 835-853. View this article in WRRO
- Delgadillo J, Dawson A, Gilbody S & Böhnke JR (2017) The impact of long term medical conditions on the outcomes of psychological therapy for depression and anxiety. British Journal of Psychiatry, 210, 47-53. View this article in WRRO