We'll pay your air fare to an overseas summer school, as well as tuition and accommodation while you are there.
Global Scholars, a scholarship for UK/EU students, is part of our Sheffield Scholars scheme.
How it works
Your air fare to an overseas summer school, as well as tuition and accommodation while you are there
- A*AA grades at A Level (or equivalent) or higher. You can apply with lower predicted grades but you must get the above or higher to receive the scholarship. If your qualifications are from before 2010 then we'll accept AAA at A Level
- Have a household income of £40,000 or less, as assessed by Student Finance England (or equivalent funding body)
How to apply
The deadline to submit your application has now passed. If you've recently received an offer from us we'll be in touch soon to invite you to apply.
We'll contact all successful and unsuccessful applicants before Friday 20th April.
- To apply for this scholarship, you need to have received an academic offer to study a full-time undergraduate course at the University of Sheffield starting in September 2018.
- For courses across all faculties
- There are 30 awards available for students who apply based on their grades and 30 awards available to those who apply based on their household income
- If you meet both criteria you only need to submit one application form
- The summer school will be at one of our partner institutions in selected countries – we'll confirm placement opportunities after you have registered with us in September
- You'll need to go in the summer after your first or second year
- Summer schools are not subject specific
- You should familiarise yourself with the summer school opportunities available, you will be asked to discuss your preferred choices as part of the scholarship application
- We'll let you know by the end of April if you're provisionally successful and this will be fully confirmed once we know your grades
- This scheme isn't available to you if you're starting a foundation year course or if your course includes a compulsory year abroad
- You'll need to put the University of Sheffield as your firm choice before 19 July 2018
- The award is only for new undergraduate students starting their first degree at the University
A selection panel consisting of senior professional services staff will consider your scholarship application. When making their decision, the panel will give regard to the following:
- Applicant has provided a clear rationale for applying for their chosen undergraduate course at the University of Sheffield.
- Applicant has clearly articulated how the scholarship will benefit their future ambitions.
- Applicant has explored the portfolio of summer schools available and discussed a range of placements.
- Applicant has detailed their strengths and weaknesses, and why they would be a good recipient of this scholarship.
If you'd like to talk to someone about Global Scholars, email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone + 44 (0)114 222 1319.