Scholarship - Study in China | 奖学金 - 留学中国
Formally known as the Confucius Institute Scholarship, now name changed to International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship, is accepting online applications from 1st March each year. There are six categories: 4 weeks, one semester, one year in duration, and BA, MA and PhD degree studies.
We highly recommend studies at our partner universities in China-, namely Nanjing University (NJU) and Beijing Languages and Culture University (BLCU). However, there are hundreds of host universities in China to choose from.
We can only provide recommendations to learners from our Sheffield Confucius Institute, and students at School of East Asian Studies (SEAS), University of Sheffield.
We encourage you to talk to us first, to see how we can best support you with your application, after all, a recommendation letter needs to be issued by us.
Please firstly check application eligibility and note that HSK and HSKK test reports are valid for two years for the purpose of applying for all types of the Scholarships.
International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship 2024 国际中文教师教学金申请办法 (2024年)
Appendix 1: Coverage and Standard for the Scholarship
Appendix 2: List of Application Materials for the Scholarship
a) non-Chinese citizen.
b) have no criminal record, abide by the laws and regulations of China and the rules and regulations of the Host institution.
c) in good physical and mental health, be in good academic behavioural standing.
d) be interested in Chinese language education and related work;
e) be aged between 16 and 35 (as of September 1st, 2024).
Applicants currently working as Chinese language teachers shall not be over 45, while undergraduate student applicants shall not be over 25.
1. Scholarship for Doctor’s Degree in International Chinese language education.
2. Scholarship for Master’s Degree in International Chinese language education.
3. Scholarship for Bachelor’s Degree in International Chinese language education.
4. Scholarship for One-Year Study Programme
5. Scholarship for One-Semester Study Programme
6. Scholarship for Four-Week Study Programme
Attention to learners at our Confucius Institute and students at School of East Asian Studies, the University of Sheffield. If you are non-Chinese citizen and you are aged 16-35, and:
If you have successfully passed HSK Level 1, which requires only 150 vocabulary words, or have attained any other level of HSK, you are eligible to apply for a four-week scholarship to study Mandarin at Beijing Language and Culture University (BLCU) this July-August 2024.
The scholarship supports tuition, accommodation, living allowance (excluding four-week study program students) and comprehensive medical insurance.
- Commences in July 2024, maximum four-weeks.
- You are non-Chinese citizen.
- You are aged 16-35.
- An HSK test score is required.
If you have not got a HSK score report (valid within two years), you can register for a HSK Test, which is Internet-based and In-person, at the Diamond Building, the University of Sheffield, by 5th March 2024. The Test is scheduled for Saturday, 16th March 2024.
Four-Week Scholarship Application Submission Deadlines (Beijing Time): 15th April 2024.
Interested individuals are encouraged to reach out to us for further information at 07593502130. Get ready to apply online from 1st March, and embark on an enriching language learning journey!
For All Applicants:
- Complete online application form.
- Passport-sized photo of the applicant (digital format).
- A scanned copy of the passport photo page (valid passport).
- A scanned copy of Score reports of the HSK and/or HSKK tests (valid within two years).
- A Recommendation Letter from Director at Sheffield Confucius Institute.
- Personal statement or study plan, part of the application form.
- Applicants under the age of 18 shall provide certified documents of designation signed by their entrusted legal guardians in China.
For Degree Programme Applicants:
- A certificate of the highest diploma (or proof of expected graduation) and an official transcript.
- Applicants currently working as Chinese language teachers shall provide proof of employment as well as a reference letter by the employer.
- Applicants of the Scholarship for a Doctor's Degree in International Chinese Language Education are required to provide two reference letters from professors or associate professors or experts with equivalent professional titles in relevant fields and a 3,000-word personal statement written in Chinese (including knowledge of the intended area of study and research proposal). Priority will be given to applicants who may provide an employment contract with a teaching institution upon completing their studies in China or proof to the same effect.
- Applicants of the Scholarship for a Master's Degree in International Chinese Language Education are required to provide two reference letters from professors or associate professors. Priority will be given to applicants who may provide an employment contract with a teaching institution upon completing their studies in China. C. In-service Chinese language teachers shall provide proof of employment and a reference letter from the employer.
- Applicants shall provide additional documents as required by the Host Institutions.
Documents must be uploaded in either jpg or pdf file types.
Online registration and application at cis.chinese.cn from 1 March
- search for recommending institution- 英国谢菲尔德大学孔子学院
- select the type of scholarship to apply
2. Log on
- fill in the form online.
- draft a statement in Chinese, with help from our teacher(s) at the Confucius Institute.
- select/search host institution.
3. Upload application materials online
- Application must be checked by our staff member and teachers at Sheffield Confucius Institute BEFORE hit the Submit button.
- track the application progress, comments and result.
- Scholarship holders need to confirm with the host institutions to go through the procedures of studying in China, print out Scholarship Certificate online, apply visa and book flights, and register at host institutions on the designated date as per Letter of Admission.
6. It is your responsibility to apply for visa and purchasing flight tickets.
|Deadline for Applicants
|Deadline for Sheffield CI
|Commencing in July
|Commencing in September
|Commencing in December
|Commencing in March 2025
Application results will be published around three months before the programme starts.
For more information, contact:
Email: email@example.com Mobile: 07593502130
A global reputation
Sheffield is a research university with a global reputation for excellence. We're a member of the Russell Group: one of the 24 leading UK universities for research and teaching.