The power and functions of Council and Senate are set out in the governing instruments of the University.
Council and Senate retain or delegate those powers to other bodies and individuals and make regulations for how they should be exercised.
The University complies with the Committee of University Chairs Code of Governance.
The University publishes governance documents in the public interest or to meet legal or regulatory requirements.
- Charter, Statutes, Charitable Status
- University Calendar
- Access and Participation
Download the following documents on the Council papers web page:
- Annual Report of the Audit Committee
- Internal Audit Annual Report (appendix of the Annual Report of the Audit Committee)
- Consumer Protection
- Ethical Governance
Freedom of Speech (PDF)
- Office for Students - Reportable Events
Reportable Events (PDF)
- Register of Interests
Register of Interests (Full version) (PDF)
University Council (PDF)
University Senate (PDF)
Scheme of Delegation (PDF)
- Risk Management
- Senior Remuneration
- Statement of Corporate Governance
- Strategic Direction and Mission
- Student Matters
A world top-100 university
We're a world top-100 university renowned for the excellence, impact and distinctiveness of our research-led learning and teaching.