Full contact details
Regent Court (IS)
I graduated with a BSc (Hons) Computing and Information Systems in 2003 from Lancaster University and went on to an MSc in Computing and Information systems at John Moores University graduating in 2006.
I have worked as a lecturer/senior lecturer at Edge Hill University since 2005. Before joining Edge Hill I worked as a SAP web portals consultant and before that as an Electrical engineer.
I continue to work as a senior lecturer/director of employability for the Computer Science department whilst undertaking my PhD part-time at Sheffield University.
Title: "Supporting information access in digital cultural heritage."
In this PhD I hope to identify and understand the user groups of digital cultural heritage including their preferences for seeking information and establishing a generous interface that enables all user groups to effectively seek DCH information.
- information seeking
- information retrieval
- human computer interaction
- user experience design
- Characterising online museum users: a study of the National Museums Liverpool museum website. International Journal on Digital Libraries, 21(1), 75-87. View this article in WRRO
- Report on the First Workshop on Supporting Complex Search Tasks. ACM SIGIR Forum, 49(1), 50-56.
- Uncovering “Threshold Concepts” in Web Development: An Instructor Perspective. ACM Transactions on Computing Education, 15(1).
- Report on the First Workshop on Supporting Complex Search Tasks. ACM SIGIR Forum, 49, 50-56.
- Supporting Complex Search Tasks, Lecture Notes in Computer Science (pp. 841-844). Springer International Publishing
- Overview of INEX 2014, Lecture Notes in Computer Science (pp. 212-228). Springer International Publishing
Conference proceedings papers
- Clustering and classifying users from the National Museums Liverpool website. Linking Theory and Practice of Digital Libraries: TPDL 2021, Vol. 12866 (pp 202-214). Virtual conference, 13 September 2021 - 17 September 2021. View this article in WRRO
- Analysis of transaction logs from National Museums Liverpool. TPDL 2019 Proceedings : Digital Libraries for Open Knowledge (pp 84-98). Oslo, Norway, 9 September 2019 - 12 September 2019. View this article in WRRO
- User Engagement with Generous Interfaces for Digital Cultural Heritage (pp 186-191)
- The Ghost in the Museum Website: Investigating the General Public’s Interactions with Museum Websites (pp 434-445) View this article in WRRO
- Overview of the SBS 2016 Interactive Track. CEUR Workshop Proceedings (pp 1024-1038), 5 September 2016 - 8 September 2016.
- Overview of the CLEF 2016 Social Book Search Lab (pp 351-370)
- User categories for digital cultural heritage. CEUR Workshop Proceedings, Vol. 1611
- Overview of the CLEF 2015 Social Book Search Lab. Experimental IR Meets Multilinguality, Multimodality, and Interaction (pp 545-564), 8 September 2015 - 11 September 2015.
- Just Looking Around: Supporting Casual Users Initial Encounters with Digital Cultural Heritage. CEUR Workshop Proceedings, Vol. 1338
- Overview of the SBS 2015 interactive track. CEUR Workshop Proceedings, Vol. 1391
- Edge hill computing @ Interactive Social Book Search 2015. CEUR Workshop Proceedings, Vol. 1391
- Supporting complex search tasks ECIR 2015 workshop. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics), Vol. 9022 (pp 841-844)
- Overview of the CLEF 2015 Social Book Search Lab (pp 545-564)
- Overview of the INEX 2014 Interactive Social Book Search Track. Working Notes for CLEF 2014 Conference (pp 480-493), 15 September 2014 - 18 September 2014.
- “Overview of inex 2014,” in Information access evaluation. multilinguality, multimodality, and interaction lecture notes in Computer Science.. clef 2014 Conference and Labs of the Evaluation Forum, Vol. 8685 (pp 212-228). Springer International Publishing
- The edge hill contribution to the INEX Interactive Social Book Search task. CEUR Workshop Proceedings, Vol. 1180 (pp 549-556)