Dr Mahnaz Hosseinzadeh
Lecturer in Operations Management and Decision Sciences
+44 114 222 3331
Full contact details
Sheffield University Management School
Mahnaz Hosseinzadeh is a Lecturer in Operations Management and Decision Sciences at Sheffield University Management School, University of Sheffield, United Kingdom.
Mahnaz holds a PhD in Operational Research from the University of Tehran.
Prior to joining the Management School, Mahnaz worked at the University of Tehran, initially as a Lecturer and then a Senior Lecturer in Operational Research Management. She has also been a visiting researcher at Linköping University.
Her research focuses mainly on system dynamics, optimisation, multiple criteria decision making and soft operational research, emphasising social sustainability in supply chains. She is the author of many scientific articles published in peer-reviewed journals in Operational Research and Information Sciences.
- PhD in Operational Research Management, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran, 2013
- MSc in Industrial Management - Operational Research, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran, 2008
- BSc (Hons) in Industrial Management, Shiraz University, Shiraz, Iran, 2005
- Research interests
- System dynamics
- Mathematical modelling and optimisation
- Multiple criteria decision making
- Soft operational research
- Social sustainability in supply chains
- Challenges of customer experience management in social commerce: an application of social network analysis. Internet Research, 32(1), 241-272.
- Measuring Staff Satisfaction in Transportation System using AHP Method under Uncertainty. International Journal of Uncertainty, Fuzziness and Knowledge-Based Systems, 29(06), 875-889.
- Exploring and evaluating success factors of social media marketing strategy: a multi-dimensional-multi-criteria framework. foresight, 23(6), 655-678.
- An integrated framework of change management for social CRM implementation. Information Systems and e-Business Management, 19(1), 43-75.
- Complexity management of corruption in Iran’s oil industry applying soft system dynamics methodology (SSDM). Kybernetes, ahead-of-print(ahead-of-print).
- A comprehensive framework to rank cloud-based e-learning providers using best-worst method (BWM). Online Information Review, 44(1), 114-138.
- Multi-objective optimization-simulation model to improve the buildings’ design specification in different climate zones of Iran. Sustainable Cities and Society, 40, 394-415.
- Developing a new framework for evaluating e-learning systems: integrating BSC and FAHP. Kybernetes, 46(8), 1303-1324.
- Policy analysis of greenhouse gases’ Mitigation in Iran Energy Sector Using System Dynamics Approach. Environmental Progress & Sustainable Energy, 35(4), 1221-1230.
- A fuzzy linear programming model for allocation of oil and gas resources in iran with the aim of reducing the greenhouse gases. Environmental Progress & Sustainable Energy, 32(3), 854-859.
- Sustainable maintenance planning in the petroleum industry: an application of system dynamics approach. International Journal of Quality & Reliability Management.
- Dynamic performance development of entrepreneurial ecosystem in the agricultural sector. British Food Journal, ahead-of-print(ahead-of-print).
- Prioritizing Determinants of Drug sustainable supply chain management in Hospital Pharmacies. Journal of Health Administration, 23(2), 89-101.
Conference proceedings papers
- Identifying and prioritizing applications of Internet of Things (IOT) in educational learning using Interval Best-Worst Method (BWM). 2020 4th International Conference on Smart City, Internet of Things and Applications (SCIOT), 16 September 2020 - 17 September 2020.
- Solving fully fuzzy linear programming problem with equality and inequality constraints. 10th International Conference on Modeling and Applied Simulation, MAS 2011, Held at the International Mediterranean and Latin American Modeling Multiconference, I3M 2011 (pp 45-49)
- Research group
- Teaching activities
Mahnaz is currently involved in the teaching of:
- MGT138: Analysis for Decision Making B
- MGT6155: Supply Networks Management
- PhD Supervision
Mahnaz is ambitious about supervising passionate and hardworking PhD students interested in theoretical development and practical applications of Operational Research methodologies, such as system dynamics, mathematical modelling, decision analysis and soft operational research, focusing on the social aspect of sustainability in supply chains.