Recognising your hard work and achievement.
At the Department of Mechanical Engineering, we want to recognise the hard work and achievement of our undergraduate students. That’s why both the Department and wider Faculty of Engineering have scholarships for undergraduates that acknowledge and encourage academic excellence.
For more information on available scholarships for mechanical engineering and the eligibility criteria involved, please see below. You can also find out about other scholarship opportunities at the University of Sheffield here.
Want to know more? Please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic Achievement Scholarships 2020/21 (Home and EU Status Students)
Open to both UK Home and EU students joining us in 2020/21, the Academic Achievement Scholarship is a cash bursary that recognises academic excellence.
Offered to eligible students who join us as first year mechanical engineering undergraduates, it is given automatically with no need to apply. There are also three levels of bursary available for first year students based on grades achieved.
You will need to join us as a first year undergraduate fee-paying student for 2020/21 with UK Home or EU status, having selected our course as your ‘firm’ UCAS choice.
There are three bursary awards available, which require a minimum A level grade or equivalent.
- A*A*A* = £1500 cash bursary (level 3)
- A*A*A = £1250 cash bursary (level 2)
- A* A A = £1000 cash bursary (level 1)
To qualify for the first level of award you must achieve an A* in one of our required course subjects. For the second, you will need A* grades in two required subjects including maths. For the third level, you must achieve A* in two required subjects including maths plus an A* in any additional subject.
Students joining us directly in year 2, may also be eligible. Please contact email@example.com to discuss in more detail.
If you receive an Academic Achievement Scholarship, you could also be awarded £1000 for each subsequent academic year. This is subject to you maintaining a 69.5% overall average mark.
Engineering Excellence Scholarship 2019 Entry (International Students)
We are offering a number of scholarship awards to international, undergraduate students with established and continued academic excellence.
The scholarship will be awarded to international undergraduate students who exceed the academic conditions of our standard UCAS offer. Candidates who attain A level grades of A*AA or above (or the equivalent qualification in your country) will receive the Excellence Scholarship.
To be eligible for an Excellence Scholarship you must:
- make the University of Sheffield your first (firm) choice in the UCAS application process for 2019 entry
- be an undergraduate student
- be classed as an international student for tuition fee purposes
- be taking all prerequisite subjects for your selected degree
We will offer the scholarship in the form of a cash bursary at the start of your course should you be eligible. The scholarship amount is depended on your academic achievement: A*AA - £1000, A*A*A - £2000 and A*A*A* - £3000.
Once in receipt of this scholarship, you will be awarded £1,000 each subsequent academic year subject to maintaining a 69.5% overall average mark in the previous academic year.
If you join us directly in year 2, please contact our Undergraduate Admissions Officer to discuss your eligibility for the scholarship.
Candidates will not have to apply for these scholarships, as they are automatically awarded to all eligible students when they commence their studies in the Department.
If you require further information please contact our Recruitment and Employability Officer via firstname.lastname@example.org
- The scholarships will take the form of a cash bursary only.
- The scholarship will be awarded automatically – no application is required in the first or any subsequent years.
- Receipt of the scholarship in subsequent years of study is subject to you achieving 69.5% overall average mark in the previous academic year. The scholarship will be withdrawn if you fail to achieve 69.5% and it will not be reinstated in the following year.
- You will not receive the scholarship during any optional or compulsory study abroad periods or year in industry.
- Students taking a pathway program such as that provided by the University of Sheffield International College are not eligible for the scholarship.
- The scholarship can be awarded in conjunction with other University of Sheffield scholarships as long as the individual does not become fully funded for tuition fee purposes, as a result of the sum of these awards.
Disclaimer: All details were correct at time of publication and can be subject to change.
Excellence Scholarship for NCUK 2nd-year direct entry:
£1K to each applicant who achieves an overall 70% - 79.9% and meets all our entry criteria (i.e., B in EAP, minimum of 70% in Maths, and minimum of 60% in all the other modules). Then a further £1K per academic year subject to maintaining a >70% overall average mark in the previous academic year.
£2K to each applicant who achieves an overall 80% - 84.9% and meets all our entry criteria (i.e., B in EAP, minimum of 70% in Maths, and minimum of 60% in all the other modules). Then a further £1K per academic year subject to maintaining a >70% overall average mark in the previous academic year.
£3K to each applicant who achieves an overall >85% and meets all our entry criteria (i.e., B in EAP, minimum of 70% in Maths, and minimum of 60% in all the other modules). Then a further £1K per academic year subject to maintaining a >70% overall average mark in the previous academic year.