Local food organisation partnerships
Are you a Sheffield City Region based organisation working to improve food security or sustainability? Our team of experts are here to help you.
Are you a Sheffield City Region based organisation working to improve food security or sustainability?
Our team of experts at the Institute for Sustainable Food are here to help you. Whether you have a specific need such as help writing a grant or you are looking for advice for an idea we would love to connect.
Here are just some of the ways we could work together:
Befriend an academic 🤝
- Access the expertise of over 100 researchers, all active experts in the field of sustainable food. Our interests range from natural and environmental sciences through to health and social science.
- Our experts can join you as advisory board members and offer a gateway to University library resources to help you evidence your work.
- You can also access a reserve of skilled labour to help write reports, research bids and other tasks, either on a voluntary (unpaid) basis or through funding from the Institute for Sustainable Food where there is a mutual benefit.
Access Knowledge Exchange funding 💰
- Funded projects are available where organisations collaborate with academic partners (via HEIF, IAA and similar schemes).
Promote your work 📣
- Opportunities are available for public engagement and collaboration through Festival of the Mind, Pint of Science or Festival of Social Science events.
Work with a student 🧑🎓
- Our keen, highly-motivated undergraduate or Masters students often need to find suitable topics for their dissertations.
- We could offer you a student for a work placement over the summer.
Work with a PhD student 🥼
- Our driven and knowledgeable PhD students are working in areas of sustainable agriculture, geography and social sciences and are looking for local food organisations to collaborate with.
- Projects such as the ESRC-CASE scheme are available. The scheme is an annual competition which promotes collaboration with external partners.
If you’d like to talk about partnering with us in any way, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Read about our partnerships
The University’s four flagship institutes bring together our key strengths to tackle global issues, turning interdisciplinary and translational research into real-world solutions.