Dr Emily Noël
British Heart Foundation Intermediate Basic Science Research Fellow
Room C21 Firth Court
Brief career history
Undergraduate and postgraduate taught modules
PhD studentship opportunities
We advertise PhD opportunities (Funded or Self-Funded) on FindAPhD.com
For further information and details of other projects on offer, please see the department PhD Opportunities page:
- Noël ES & Bakkers J (2017) Twists and turns: Computational modelling of the heart tube during development reveals the interplay between tissue asymmetry and growth that helps our hearts take shape. eLife, 6. View this article in WRRO
- Noël ES, Momenah TS, Al-Dagriri K, Al-Suwaid A, Al-Shahrani S, Jiang H, Willekers S, Oostveen YY, Chocron S, Postma AV , Bhuiyan ZA et al (2016) A Zebrafish Loss-of-Function Model for Human CFAP53 Mutations Reveals Its Specific Role in Laterality Organ Function. Human Mutation, 37(2), 194-200.
- Junker JP, Noël ES, Guryev V, Peterson KA, Shah G, Huisken J, McMahon AP, Berezikov E, Bakkers J & van Oudenaarden A (2014) Genome-wide RNA Tomography in the Zebrafish Embryo. Cell, 159(3), 662-675.
- Noël ES, Verhoeven M, Lagendijk AK, Tessadori F, Smith K, Choorapoikayil S, den Hertog J & Bakkers J (2013) A Nodal-independent and tissue-intrinsic mechanism controls heart-looping chirality. Nature Communications, 4(1).
- Smith KA, Noël E, Thurlings I, Rehmann H, Chocron S & Bakkers J (2011) Bmp and Nodal Independently Regulate lefty1 Expression to Maintain Unilateral Nodal Activity during Left-Right Axis Specification in Zebrafish. PLoS Genetics, 7(9). View this article in WRRO