Chinese Proficiency Test, HSK/HSKK
汉语水平考试 / 汉语水平口语考试
The HSK (Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi), which is organised by Hanban, is an international standardised Chinese language test to measure the ability of non-native Chinese speakers to communicate in Chinese in daily lives, academic and working settings.
HSK and HSKK (HSK Speaking) are open to all ages. Two independent parts: written test and oral test, can be taken separately.
HSK and HSKK tests scheduled in 2019:
Saturday 23 March 2019, for HSK and HSKK, all levels- Internet-based tests. Deadline: 10 DAYS BEFORE the test date on 13 March.
Saturday 11 May 2019, for HSK and HSKK, all levels- Paper-based tests. Deadline: 30 DAYS BEFORE the test date on 11 April.
Sunday 1 December 2019, for both HSK and HSKK- Internet Based tests. Registration opens in October. Deadline: 10 DAYS BEFORE the test date: 21 November.
For Internet-based tests, you still need to come to our test centre, but taking the tests online.
Examination fee for HSK (Written Test):
HSK1: £10; HSK2: £20; HSK3: £30; HSK4: £40; HSK5: £50; HSK6: £60.
Examination fee and duration of the test, for HSKK (Oral Test):
HSKK Basic: £15; HSKK Intermediate: £25; HSKK Advance: £35.
The New HSK comprises six levels from HSK-Level 1 to HSK-Level 6:
- HSK-Level 1: Test takers who reach HSK-Level 1 can understand and use simple words and sentences to fulfill specific communication needs and have a foundation for the further study of Chinese.
- HSK-Level 2: Test takers who reach HSK-Level 2 can communicate simply and directly on daily topics they are familiar with. Level 2 have reached the advanced stage of beginner level.
- HSK-Level 3: Test takes who reach HSK-Level 3 can complete basic communication tasks in daily life, study and work. If travelling in China, Level 3 can handle most communication tasks they encounter.
- HSK-Level 4: Test takers who reach HSK-Level 4 can discuss a relatively wide range of topics in Chinese and are able to communcate with native speaker.
- HSK-Level 5: Test takers who reach HSK-Level 5 can read Chinese newspapers and magazines, appreciate Chinese films and television, and are able to write and deliver a full speech.
- HSK-Level 6: Test takers who reach HSK-Level 6 can easily understand what they read and listen, and express themselves fluently in written and oral Chinese.
The table shows the level of vocabulary expected, test duration and score:
|Vocabulary (words)||Test duration, min||Total Score||Passing Score|
|HSK Level 1||150||40||200||120|
|HSK Level 2||300||55||200||120|
|HSK Level 3||600||90||300||180|
|HSK Level 4||1200||105||300||180|
|HSK Level 5||2500||125||300||180|
|HSK Level 6||5000||140||300||180|
HSKK can be divided into three levels of HSKK (Basic), HSKK (Intermediate and HSKK (Advanced). Test takers on-site performance will be recorded.
HSKK 包括 HSKK (初级), HSKK (中级) and HSKK (高级) ，考试采用录音形式。
The table shows general correlations between HSK and HSKK, and test duration
|General Correlations to HSK||Test Duration, min||Total Score||Passing Score|
|HSKK Basic||HSK Level 1 and Level 2||20||100||60|
|HSKK Intermediate||HSK Level 3 and Level 4||23||100||60|
|HSKK Advanced||HSK Level 5 and Level 6||25||100||60|
Test Syllabus, Sample Papers and Online Practice 网上资源
More sample papers, transcripts, audio recordings and additional material are available to borrow at the Institute Resource Center, which is hosted within the CI Office.
For more information, please contact us.
email : email@example.com