Dr Juliana Matos De Meira
Lecturer in Management Accounting
+44 114 222 3466
Full contact details
Sheffield University Management School
Dr Juliana Meira's research interests focuses on supply chain accounting, accounting and employment relations, performance measurement, and management accounting innovations. She has experience working with a variety of methodological approaches: survey, action research, case study, and mixed methods.
She has worked in accounting and auditing firms, and has conducted research in the agribusiness and manufacturing sectors in Brazil.
She has received funding from Brazilian Government, CAPES and CNPq for research and coordination of academic events.
She is currently a CI of the ESRC funded research project: Supply Chain Accounting and Employment Practices in the rising economies: Global commodity chains, cost effectiveness and competitiveness.
She has been teaching in accounting since 2002 and is the module leader for the Strategic Management Accounting MBA module.
- Research interests
She belongs to LSCM and CRAFiC Research Centres. Her research interests are:
- Supply chain accounting
- Accounting and employment relations
- Performance measurement
- Management accounting innovations
- Vanishing value chains, industrial districts and HRM in the Brazilian automotive industry. International Journal of Human Resource Management, 31(2), 254-271. View this article in WRRO
- Knowledge transfer within strategic partnerships: the case of HRM in the Brazilian motor industry supply chain. International Journal of Human Resource Management, 27(20), 2398-2414. View this article in WRRO
- Management controls and inter‐firm relationships: a review. Journal of Accounting & Organizational Change, 6(1), 149-169.
- Accounting in Networks Routledge
Supply chain accounting and employment practices in the rising economies: global commodity chains, cost effectiveness and competitiveness
- Awarding body:ESRC Grant ref. ES/K006452/1
- Date: 2013-2016
- Amount: £326,133 (consisting of £214, 801 in addition to 2 PhD studentships)
- People involved
- Pauline Dibben (PI)
- John Cullen
- Phil Johnson
- Geoffrey Wood
- Luiz Miranda
- Juliana Meira (CI)
- Debby Bonnin
- Teaching activities
Juliana currently teaches on the following modules
- MGT6221 Strategic Management Accounting
- MGT6095 Performance Measurement
- MGT354 Advances in Management Accounting
- Professional activities and memberships
- Editor of the Accounting Information Review (Brazil)
- Reviewer for Brazilian journals : ReCont, Agronegocio, UnB Contabil
- PhD Supervision
Juliana is currently working with Professor John Cullen on the supervision of a PhD project on supply chain accounting, and is involved in two other potential projects looking at
- Accounting and employment practices in outsourcing in the textile industry
- Management accounting innovations, such as activity-based costing, target costing, competitor performance appraisal and competitor costing.