Dr Lina Kloviene
Senior University Teacher in Managerial and Corporate Economics
Programme Director for Executive Masters in Business Administration (Open)
+44 114 222 7176
Full contact details
Sheffield University Management School
Lina Kloviene is a Senior University Teacher in Managerial and Corporate Economics at Sheffield University Management School Executive and Professional Education.
She has got more than 10 years of experience in higher education sector (in Lithuania and UK). Before that she worked for more than 7 years in a financial institution – a Scandinavian bank Swedbank.
She joined Sheffield University Management School in the beginning of 2019.
- Research interests
I gained my PhD in Social sciences, Management and Administration in 2012. I am strongly oriented towards a high level and impact research in the area of sustainability and accounting.
I am a part of the STAR collective team researching transparency in the extractives sector throughout the EU (focusing on Baltic countries) as well as a part of an international team researching the transparency in environmental reporting in selected Europe countries.
I also worked as a researcher in an interdisciplinary projects funded by educational and governmental institutions in Lithuania and Latvia.
- Non-financial reporting by an international corporation in the light of new mandatory regulations. Zeszyty Teoretyczne Rachunkowości, 109(165), 105-138.
- Motivation to use Big Data and Big Data Analytics in external auditing. Managerial Auditing Journal. View this article in WRRO
- Research of the performance measurement system: Environmental perspective. Engineering Economics(2), 180-186.
- Development of performance measurement system in the context of Industry 4: a case study. Engineering Economics, 30(4), 472-482. View this article in WRRO
- Sustainability Reporting as a Challenge for Performance Measurement: Literature Review. Economics and Business, 26, 44-44.
- IMPROVEMENT OF PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENT SYSTEM ACCORDING TO BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT. ECONOMICS AND MANAGEMENT, 18(1).
- INSTITUTIONAL FACTORS AS CRITERIA FOR BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT IDENTIFICATION. ECONOMICS AND MANAGEMENT, 17(4).
- PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENT SYSTEM COMPATIBILITY WITH BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT. ECONOMICS AND MANAGEMENT, 17(2).
- Performance Measurement System: Towards an Institutional Theory. Engineering Economics, 22(4).
- The financial reporting of the micro and small entities in The Republic of Lithuania In Martyniuk O (Ed.), Financial Reporting of Micro and Small Enterprises (MSE) in Transition Economies of Central and Eastern Europe Warszawa: Polskie Wydawnictwo Ekonomiczne S.A..
Conference proceedings papers
- View this article in WRRO Identifying factors affecting digital transformation of SMEs. Proceedings of the International Conference on Electronic Business (ICEB), Vol. 2018 (pp 373-381). Guilin, China, 2 December 2018 - 6 December 2018.
- Is Performance Measurement System Going Towards Sustainability in SMEs?. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, Vol. 213 (pp 328-333)
- The Effect of Information Technology on Accounting System's Conformity with Business Environment: A Case Study In Banking Sector Company. Procedia Economics and Finance, Vol. 32 (pp 1707-1712)
- The Relationship between Performance Measurement and Sustainability Reporting: A Literature Review. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, Vol. 156 (pp 633-638)
- Development of Performance Measurement System According to Business Environment: An SME Perspective. PROCEEDINGS OF THE 11TH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON LIBEREC ECONOMIC FORUM 2013 (pp 287-296)
- Research group
I am interested in supervising PhD students who would like to examine issues to do with accountability and transparency in higher education institutions.
- Teaching interests
Teaching for me is all about the learners – to inspire them and help them to grow in my subject area by understanding, applying it and changing their practises.
To reach this I integrate the systems thinking, critical thinking and creative thinking approaches with the attributes of knowledge and skills by using real business data and problems, case studies together with group work, discussions, presentations and blended-learning tools during the classes.
I try to integrate research in teaching and demonstrate its practical value and application. I am a module leader for ‘Global and Managerial Economics’ on EMBA programme.