Dr Mustafa Ali
Full contact details
Sheffield University Management School
Mustafa Ali is an active researcher interested in identifying business or policy pathways to achieve inclusiveness and food poverty alleviation using a mixture of literature synthesis, data analysis and modelling. The focus of his research has been on the cities and regions in both developed countries and LMICs for targeted and relevant policy suggestions. For this he regularly employs advanced analytical methods such as time series forecasting, Life Cycle Analyses, spatial correlation assessments, social network analysis and Machine Learning (PCA, clustering, etc). He has been able to achieve 25 academic publications in peer-reviewed journals. Moreover, his professional experience in sales and marketing honed his skills as a skilled negotiator and presenter. He can communicate academic ideas to a non-scientific audience with ease in different languages. Mustafa is open to consultancy and freelance opportunities in the industry as well as the academia.
- PhD - Southeast University
- MBA - Institute of Business Administration
- B.Engg - National University of Sciences and Technology
- Research interests
- Carbon footprint
- Health Economics
Recent experience deals with mapping scenarios and designing strategies to effectively manage agri-environmental and waste management issues in UK, China, India and Pakistan. Other interests include health economics including literature reviews, meta analysis and cost-effectiveness studies.
- A comparative life cycle assessment of dental restorative materials. Dental Materials. View this article in WRRO
- Exploring spatio-temporal variations in environmental impacts from eating out in the United Kingdom. Science of The Total Environment, 801, 149540-149540.
- Stakeholder coordination analysis in hazardous waste management: a case study in China. Journal of Material Cycles and Waste Management, 23(5), 1873-1892.
- Environmental Assessment of Healthcare Facilities in the Global South - A Case Study from Pakistan. Journal of Environmental Accounting and Management, 9(3), 285-297.
- Emergy based sustainability evaluation of a hydroelectric dam proposal in South Asia. Journal of Cleaner Production, 264, 121496-121496.
- Life-cycle assessment of Gingko-wood three-dimensional membrane for wastewater treatment. ACS Omega, 5(10), 4900-4906. View this article in WRRO
- A GIS-Based Multi-Criteria Evaluation of Landfill Site Selection in Lahore, Pakistan. Polish Journal of Environmental Studies, 29(2), 1511-1521.
- Phosphorus leaching from riparian soils with differing management histories under three grass species. Journal of Environmental Quality, 49(1), 74-84.
- Greenhouse gas emission from small clinics solid waste management scenarios in an urban area of an underdeveloping country: A life cycle perspective. Journal of the Air & Waste Management Association, 69(7), 823-833.
- Field lessons in surveying healthcare waste management activities in Pakistan. Eastern Mediterranean Health Journal, 25(3), 213-217.
- Improvement of waste management practices in a fast expanding sub-megacity in Pakistan, on the basis of qualitative and quantitative indicators. Waste Management, 85, 253-263.
- Impact assessment of energy utilization in agriculture for India and Pakistan. Science of The Total Environment, 648, 1520-1526.
- Accounting emergy-based sustainability of crops production in India and Pakistan over first decade of the 21st century. Journal of Cleaner Production, 207, 111-122.
- Sustainability evaluation of secondary lead production from spent lead acid batteries recycling. Resources, Conservation and Recycling, 140, 13-22.
- Accounting embodied economic potential of healthcare waste recycling—a case study from Pakistan. Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, 190(11).
- Integrating biodiversity offsets within Circular Economy policy in China. Journal of Cleaner Production, 185, 32-43.
- Emergy based carbon footprinting of household solid waste management scenarios in Pakistan. Resources, Conservation and Recycling, 131, 283-296.
- Historical growth in total factor carbon productivity of the Chinese industry – A comprehensive analysis. Journal of Cleaner Production, 170, 471-485.
- Hospital waste management in developing countries: A mini review. Waste Management & Research: The Journal for a Sustainable Circular Economy, 35(6), 581-592.
- Unsafe waste management practices and hepatitis C among hospital sanitary staff in Pakistan. Journal of Hospital Infection, 96(1), 95-96.
- Assessing knowledge, performance, and efficiency for hospital waste management—a comparison of government and private hospitals in Pakistan. Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, 189(4).
- Assessment of hospital waste management in a major city of Pakistan. International Journal of Environment and Waste Management, 19(2), 97-97.
- Application of life cycle assessment for hospital solid waste management: A case study. Journal of the Air & Waste Management Association, 66(10), 1012-1018.
- Investigating motivating factors for sound hospital waste management. Journal of the Air & Waste Management Association, 66(8), 786-794.
- Management of wastes from hospitals: A case study in Pakistan. Waste Management & Research: The Journal for a Sustainable Circular Economy, 34(1), 87-90.
- Comparing Administration of Hospital Wastes Using Social Network Analysis. MATEC Web of Conferences, 68, 14009-14009.
- Assessing pre-pandemic carbon footprint of diet transitions in UK nations and regions. International Journal of Production Research, 1-16.