Royce at the University of Sheffield identifies challenges and accelerates innovation in advanced metals processing to support the sustainable growth and development of UK metal industries.
- To deliver a step-change in the discovery and creation of innovative advanced material systems.
- To develop contemporary materials processing strategies to ensure component construction is precise and efficient.
- To reform alloy compositions with the ambition of improving performance, manufacturability, and reducing cost.
- To maximise design properties and minimise waste in production.
- To increase the recyclability of materials, and minimise the whole-life-cycle carbon footprint.
- To utilise agile and lean manufacturing through near net shape demonstrator components tailored to unique customer requirements.
Royce at the University of Sheffield supports world-leading academics and engineers in materials research, accelerating metals discovery, processing, characterisation, upscaling, and manufacturing to deliver a digitally integrated, sustainable, and resource-efficient future for UK manufacturers:
- Enabling national materials research foresighting, collaboration, and strategy.
- Providing access to the latest facilities and capability.
- Catalysing industrial collaboration and exploitation of materials research.
- Fostering materials science skills development, innovation training, and outreach.
Connect with us
Let's work together to develop the next generation of materials for a sustainable society.
Contact us by email or find us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
A world top-100 university
We're a world top-100 university renowned for the excellence, impact and distinctiveness of our research-led learning and teaching.