Our staff are actively engaged in interdisciplinary centres and networks which extend beyond the School of English. Some of these are listed below.
- Centre for Linguistic Research
- Centre for Nineteenth Century Studies
- Centre for the History of the Gothic
- Centre for Poetry and Poetics
- Cultures of the Cold War
- Medical Humanities Sheffield
- Medieval and Ancient Research Seminars
- Sheffield Animal Studies Research Centre
- Sheffield Centre for Early Modern Studies
- Sheffield Centre for Research in Film
- Sheffield Critical Discourse Studies Group
- Sheffield Institute for Interdisciplinary Biblical Studies
- Sheffield Death Group
The University’s four flagship institutes bring together our key strengths to tackle global issues, turning interdisciplinary and translational research into real-world solutions.