Journalism and communication history publications
This list includes all publications from the last three years by our academic staff who are researching Journalism and communication history.
For older publications please see the profiles of individual researchers.
- Communication in Peacebuilding. Civil Wars, Civility and Safe Spaces.. Basingstoke (under contract).: Palgrave MacMillan.
- The civil norm building role of news journalism in post-civil war settings. Journalism.
- From repression to oppression: News journalism in Turkey 2013-2018. Media, Culture and Society, 42(7-8), 1443-1460. View this article in WRRO
- Single-issue Ratifiers or Political Deliberators? The strategic interpretation and application of the participatory norm and the creation of publics by the European Commission (1992-2009). International Review of Public Policy, 1(1), 88-103. View this article in WRRO
- Creating capacity for peace: The power of news and civil norm building, Insights on Peace and Conflict Reporting (pp. 139-151).
Our outstanding reputation for journalism
The Department of Journalism Studies ranks in the top 5 of all three of the UK's independent university league tables.
The University’s four flagship institutes bring together our key strengths to tackle global issues, turning interdisciplinary and translational research into real-world solutions.