Dr Abiye Tob-Ogu
BA (Hons), PhD
University Teacher In Operations Management and Decision Sciences
Senior Fellow (HEA), CMBE, SMC
Full contact details
Sheffield University Management School
Abiye is an experienced academic within the Operations Management and Decision Sciences (OMDS) division at the Sheffield University Management School (SUMS).
His teaching and research interest centre around operations and interdisciplinary sustainability challenges cutting across core operations management, CSR, logistics and supply chain management. He has led and continues to lead several UG and PG modules within SUMS contributing to the enhancement of learning development and delivery as a Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
Abiye's work at SUMS extends to teaching, research and mentoring of both undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- PhD Management University of Sheffield
- BA (Hons.) University of Bedfordshire
- Research interests
- Business Sustainability
- Supply Chain Technologies
- Emerging Economies
- Management Decision Sciences
- Circular Economy Challenges
- Logistics and Transport modelling
- Doing more with more: Women on the board and firm employment. Journal of Business Research, 154, 113385-113385. View this article in WRRO
- Hydrogen vehicles in urban logistics: A total cost of ownership analysis and policy implications. Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews. View this article in WRRO
- Sustainability Intervention Mechanisms for Managing Road Freight Transport Externalities: A Systematic Literature Review. Sustainability, 10(6). View this article in WRRO
- ICT adoption in road freight transport in Nigeria – A case study of the petroleum downstream sector. Technological Forecasting and Social Change, 131, 240-252. View this article in WRRO
- Research group
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Sustainable Production and Consumption
STFC/ SFN - Food Access: Distributed ledger technology (DLT) integration for optimising food supply chain communications and transport.
- Teaching interests
Abiye is passionate about his teaching and comfortable with both large and small group learning. He is recognised by the Chartered Association of Business Schools (CMBE) and the prestigious Higher Education Academy (SFHEA), contributing to learning and development. Abiye adopts a constructive philosophy to guide his practice and is enthusiastic about the classroom experience for his learners.
- Teaching activities
Abiye is the Module Lead for several key modules including Management Perspectives and Corporate Social Responsibility modules at SUMS.
- Professional activities
Reviewer: International Journal of Production Economics, International Journal of Production Research, Sustainability MPDI, Academy of Management Conferences
- PhD Supervision
He is particularly interested in supervising postgraduate learners with interest in sustainable SCs and logistics, business model appraisals and critical socio-ethical perspectives in operations (particularly technology interventions in LSCM operations). Cross cutting and interdisciplinary proposals are also welcome.