Dr Davood Shiri
BSc, MSc, PhD
Lecturer in Operations Management and Decision Sciences
+44 114 222 3358
Full contact details
Sheffield University Management School
Dr Davood Shiri is a Lecturer in Operations Management and Decision Sciences at Sheffield University Management School, University of Sheffield, United Kingdom.
His research focuses mainly on online and stochastic optimization, large-scale optimization, graph and network models, healthcare and humanitarian logistics and combinatorial optimization. He is the author of many scientific papers published in peer-reviewed journals in Operations Research.
Davood gained his BSc and MSc in Industrial Engineering at Sharif University of Technology. He holds a PhD in Industrial Engineering and Operations Management from Koc University.
Prior to joining Sheffield University Management School, Davood has worked as an Assistant Professor at Medipol University, as well as Bilgi University. He has also worked as a postdoctoral research fellow at Koc University.
- Research interests
- Online and stochastic optimization
- Large-scale optimization
- Graph and network models
- Healthcare and humanitarian logistics
- Combinatorial optimization
- An online optimization approach for post-disaster relief distribution with online blocked edges. Computers & Operations Research, 137, 105533-105533.
- Weighted online minimum latency problem with edge uncertainty. European Journal of Operational Research, 295(1), 51-65.
- An online optimization approach to post-disaster road restoration. Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, 150, 1-25.
- Online Failure Diagnosis in Interdependent Networks. Operations Research Forum, 2(1).
- Online routing and scheduling of search-and-rescue teams. OR Spectrum, 42(3), 755-784.
- Online optimization of first-responder routes in disaster response logistics. IBM Journal of Research and Development, 64(1/2), 13:1-13:9.
- On the randomized online strategies for the k-Canadian traveler problem. Journal of Combinatorial Optimization, 38(1), 254-267.
- Competitive analysis of randomized online strategies for the multi-agent k-Canadian Traveler Problem. Journal of Combinatorial Optimization, 37(3), 848-865.
- On the online multi-agent O–D k-Canadian Traveler Problem. Journal of Combinatorial Optimization, 34(2), 453-461.
- New Variations of the Online k-Canadian Traveler Problem: Uncertain Costs at Known Locations, Probability, Combinatorics and Control IntechOpen
- Research group
- Teaching activities
Davood is currently delivering the following modules at Sheffield University Management School:
- MGT3010: Applications of Operations and Supply Chain Management
- MGT137: Analysis for Decision Making
- PhD Supervision
Davood is ambitious about supervising passionate and hardworking PhD students in the fields of:
- Logistics and supply chain management
- Network optimization
- Online optimization
- Healthcare optimization
- Discrete optimization
For further information on PhD open projects, please email Davood with your CV.