Dr Andrew Beckerman - Selected Publications
- Reger J, Lind MI, Robinson MR & Beckerman AP (2017) Predation drives local adaptation of phenotypic plasticity. Nature Ecology and Evolution, 2(1), 100-107. View this article in WRRO
- Carter MJ, Lind MI, Dennis SR, Hentley WT & Beckerman AP (2017) Evolution of a predator-induced, nonlinear reaction norm. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London: Biological Sciences, 284(1861). View this article in WRRO
- Lind MI, Yarlett K, Reger J, Carter MJ & Beckerman AP (2015) The alignment between phenotypic plasticity, the major axis of genetic variation and the response to selection. Proceedings of the Royal Society B: Biological Sciences, 282(1816). View this article in WRRO
- Petchey OL, Pontarp M, Massie TM, Kéfi S, Ozgul A, Weilenmann M, Palamara GM, Altermatt F, Matthews B, Levine JM, Childs DZ, McGill BJ, Schaepman ME, Schmid B, Spaak P, Beckerman AP, Pennekamp F & Pearse IS (2015) The ecological forecast horizon, and examples of its uses and determinants. Ecology Letters, 18(7), 597-611. View this article in WRRO
- Farkas TE, Hendry AP, Nosil P & Beckerman AP (2015) How maladaptation can structure biodiversity: eco-evolutionary island biogeography. Trends in Ecology & Evolution, 30(3), 154-160.
- Dennis SR, LeBlanc GA & Beckerman AP (2014) Endocrine regulation of predator-induced phenotypic plasticity. Oecologia, 176(3), 625-635. View this article in WRRO
- Mernild SH, Hanna E, Mcconnell JR, Sigl M, Beckerman AP, Yde JC, Cappelen J, Malmros JK & Steffen K (2014) Greenland precipitation trends in a long-term instrumental climate context (1890-2012): Evaluation of coastal and ice core records. International Journal of Climatology.
- Beckerman AP, de Roij J, Dennis SR & Little TJ (2013) A shared mechanism of defense against predators and parasites: Chitin regulation and its implications for life-history theory. Ecology and Evolution, 3(15), 5119-5126. View this article in WRRO
- Robinson MR & Beckerman AP (2013) Quantifying multivariate plasticity: genetic variation in resource acquisition drives plasticity in resource allocation to components of life history.. Ecol Lett, 16(3), 281-290.
- Thierry A, Petchey OL, Beckerman AP, Warren PH & Williams RJ (2011) The consequences of size dependent foraging for food web topology. OIKOS, 120(4), 493-502.
- Dennis SR, Carter MJ, Hentley WT & Beckerman AP (2011) Phenotypic convergence along a gradient of predation risk.. Proc Biol Sci, 278(1712), 1687-1696.
- Stapley J, Reger J, Feulner PGD, Smadja C, Galindo J, Ekblom R, Bennison C, Ball AD, Beckerman AP & Slate J (2010) Adaptation genomics: the next generation.. Trends Ecol Evol, 25(12), 705-712.
- Beckerman AP, Rodgers GM & Dennis SR (2010) The reaction norm of size and age at maturity under multiple predator risk.. J Anim Ecol, 79(5), 1069-1076.
- Barton BT, Beckerman AP & Schmitz OJ (2009) Climate warming strengthens indirect interactions in an old-field food web.. Ecology, 90(9), 2346-2351.
- Hammill E, Rogers A & Beckerman AP (2008) Costs, benefits and the evolution of inducible defences: a case study with Daphnia pulex.. J Evol Biol, 21(3), 705-715.
- Petchey OL, Beckerman AP, Riede JO & Warren PH (2008) Size, foraging, and food web structure.. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A, 105(11), 4191-4196. View this article in WRRO