Professor Andrew Beckerman - Selected Publications
- Reger J, Lind MI, Robinson MR & Beckerman AP (2017) Predation drives local adaptation of phenotypic plasticity. Nature Ecology and Evolution, 2(1), 100-107. View this article in WRRO
- Carter MJ, Lind MI, Dennis SR, Hentley WT & Beckerman AP (2017) Evolution of a predator-induced, nonlinear reaction norm. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London: Biological Sciences, 284(1861). View this article in WRRO
- Lind MI, Yarlett K, Reger J, Carter MJ & Beckerman AP (2015) The alignment between phenotypic plasticity, the major axis of genetic variation and the response to selection. Proceedings of the Royal Society B: Biological Sciences, 282(1816). View this article in WRRO
- Petchey OL, Pontarp M, Massie TM, Kéfi S, Ozgul A, Weilenmann M, Palamara GM, Altermatt F, Matthews B, Levine JM , Childs DZ et al (2015) The ecological forecast horizon, and examples of its uses and determinants. Ecology Letters, 18(7), 597-611. View this article in WRRO
- Farkas TE, Hendry AP, Nosil P & Beckerman AP (2015) How maladaptation can structure biodiversity: eco-evolutionary island biogeography. Trends in Ecology & Evolution, 30(3), 154-160.
- Dennis SR, LeBlanc GA & Beckerman AP (2014) Endocrine regulation of predator-induced phenotypic plasticity. Oecologia, 176(3), 625-635. View this article in WRRO
- Mernild SH, Hanna E, Mcconnell JR, Sigl M, Beckerman AP, Yde JC, Cappelen J, Malmros JK & Steffen K (2014) Greenland precipitation trends in a long-term instrumental climate context (1890-2012): Evaluation of coastal and ice core records. International Journal of Climatology.
- Beckerman AP, de Roij J, Dennis SR & Little TJ (2013) A shared mechanism of defense against predators and parasites: Chitin regulation and its implications for life-history theory. Ecology and Evolution, 3(15), 5119-5126. View this article in WRRO
- Robinson MR & Beckerman AP (2013) Quantifying multivariate plasticity: genetic variation in resource acquisition drives plasticity in resource allocation to components of life history.. Ecol Lett, 16(3), 281-290.
- Thierry A, Petchey OL, Beckerman AP, Warren PH & Williams RJ (2011) The consequences of size dependent foraging for food web topology. OIKOS, 120(4), 493-502.
- Dennis SR, Carter MJ, Hentley WT & Beckerman AP (2011) Phenotypic convergence along a gradient of predation risk.. Proc Biol Sci, 278(1712), 1687-1696.
- Stapley J, Reger J, Feulner PGD, Smadja C, Galindo J, Ekblom R, Bennison C, Ball AD, Beckerman AP & Slate J (2010) Adaptation genomics: the next generation.. Trends Ecol Evol, 25(12), 705-712.
- Beckerman AP, Rodgers GM & Dennis SR (2010) The reaction norm of size and age at maturity under multiple predator risk.. J Anim Ecol, 79(5), 1069-1076.
- Barton BT, Beckerman AP & Schmitz OJ (2009) Climate warming strengthens indirect interactions in an old-field food web.. Ecology, 90(9), 2346-2351.
- Hammill E, Rogers A & Beckerman AP (2008) Costs, benefits and the evolution of inducible defences: a case study with Daphnia pulex.. J Evol Biol, 21(3), 705-715.
- Petchey OL, Beckerman AP, Riede JO & Warren PH (2008) Size, foraging, and food web structure.. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A, 105(11), 4191-4196. View this article in WRRO