Scholarships and funding
Department of Economics Masters (MSc) Scholarships for 2023 entry
We are pleased to offer three scholarships for students to study one of our postgraduate degree courses. These scholarships will cover the full home student fee (overseas applicants would receive the equivalent of home fees paid) for the following Masters courses:
- MSc Economics
- MSc Economics and Public Policy
- MSc Business Finance and Economics
- MSc Financial Economics
- MSc Money, Banking and Finance
Postgraduate taught course fee lookup
How to apply
To apply please indicate clearly on Fees and Funding Status section of your application form that you would like to apply for one of the Department of Economics Masters student scholarships. Please also include in your personal statement the reason why you would like to be considered for the scholarships.
If you have already submitted your application but would like to be considered for one of the scholarships, please get in touch with the department.
All scholarship applications will be assessed by a Selection Panel on the basis of previous academic performance, a personal statement, and referee statements. The deliberations of the Selection Panel are confidential and its decisions are final.
Applications for 2023 are now open. The application deadline for these scholarship programmes is 28th April 2023. Winners will be announced by early June 2023.
- Further information
- The scholarship can only be used towards tuition fees.
- You must be starting a new, stand alone postgraduate course to receive the Department of Economics Masters (MSc) Scholarships 2023.
- Students intending to take a Postgraduate Loan are eligible to apply for the Department of Economics Masters (MSc) Scholarships.
- Home students studying part-time are eligible to apply.
- Students in receipt of other University scholarships that are equal to or higher than the value of their tuition fee are not eligible to receive the Department of Economics Masters (MSc) Scholarships.
- If you are in receipt of one of the Department of Economics Masters (MSc) Scholarships, you are not eligible for the Alumni Reward discount.
- You must not have already achieved a Masters level qualification or higher.
How to apply for a Masters course
If you have any questions regarding Masters study, or if you have received an offer/applied and would like to be considered for the scholarship, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
There are other scholarships offered by the university, you might also be interested in these University Masters scholarship opportunities.
University Postgraduate Scholarships
The University is offering 100+ scholarships worth £10,000 each for home fee paying students starting a taught postgraduate course in 2023. The scholarships are for students who meet at least one of our widening participation criteria and/or students who achieve a first in their undergraduate degree.
Sheffield Postgraduate Scholarships
University Aziz Foundation Scholarship
The Aziz Foundation Scholarship is a full tuition fee scholarship that offers financial and professional support to British Muslims who are dedicated to bringing positive change to society.
The postgraduate scholarships are for students with career aspirations in law, media, journalism or policy. Five awards are available for those starting a eligible course in academic year 2022–23.
Application deadlines: 31 March 2022 (cycle 1), 11 July 2022 (cycle 2).
Scholarships for International Students
The University welcomes scholarship applications from high-achieving international students with excellent academic results and potential.
Postgraduate online open day
Book your place at our online open day on Wednesday 26 April to find out more about postgraduate taught study at the University of Sheffield.