Cambridge Assessment English Exams
The University of Sheffield English Language Teaching Centre (ELTC) is an authorised centre for Cambridge Assessment English examinations. Cambridge Assessment English is a department of the University of Cambridge and part of the Cambridge Assessment group set up in 1858.
According to their website, 'Cambridge Assessment English offers the world's leading range of certificates for learners and teachers of English - taken by over three million people in 130 countries.'
These certificates are recognised by a huge variety of professional, educational and governmental organisations, including the University of Sheffield.
You can apply to just take the exam in Sheffield at the ELTC or choose one of our preparation classes followed by the exam.
A preparation class may give you a better chance of success in the exam, in particular, if you have never taken one before or know little about the skills involved.
If you just want to take the Cambridge exam without following a preparation class, please carry on reading.
Part-time preparation classes are also available.
Currently we can offer the following Cambridge Assessment English exams below. To find out more about each exam, please click on the link to be taken the Cambridge Assessment English website.
- B1 Preliminary (formerly Cambridge PET)
- B2 First (formerly Cambridge FCE)
- C1 Advanced (formerly Cambridge CAE)
- C2 Proficiency (formerly Cambridge CPE)
- B2 Business Vantage (formerly BEC Vantage)
Teacher training exams
- Teaching Knowledge Test (TKT)
- Cambridge Assessment English: DELTA Module One (Teaching Exam for external candidates)
English language tests
- B2 First: Next Date - To Be Confirmed
- C1 Advanced: Next Date - To Be Confirmed
- C2 Proficiency: Next Date - To Be Confirmed
Teacher training tests
- DELTA Module 1: Next Date - To Be Confirmed
The cost of each exam is as follows:
- A2 Key - £100
- B1 Preliminary - £102
- B2 First - £145
- C1 Advanced - £150
- C2 Proficiency - £160
- B2 Business Vantage - £145
- DELTA Module 1 - £177
- Teaching Knowledge Test (TKT) modules 1-3 - £133
All exam fees must be paid before you are officially entered with Cambridge Assessment English.
Applications made after the entries deadline will be charged an additional late entry fee of £25.
Applications can be made online.
Application formYou will be contacted soon after with further information about paying for the exam and confirming your identity.
To secure your place you must complete all stages of registration by the deadline above.
A world-class university – a unique student experience
Sheffield is a research university with a global reputation for excellence. We're a member of the Russell Group: one of the 24 leading UK universities for research and teaching.