These are the research areas we are equipped to explore with you.
We encourage applicants to apply for projects that fall within the remit of one of the the three research centres in the School of Law:
- The Centre for Criminological Research (CCR)
- Sheffield Institute for Corporate and Commercial Law (SICCL)
- Sheffield Centre for International and European Law (SCIEL)
However, within each of these research centres there is immense variety and versatility, so please take a careful look at the details of the centre and staff that are most relevant to your proposed PhD project.
Though we welcome applications from any field of law or criminology, for students wishing to commence their PhD in 2022-23, we particularly welcome applications in the following areas:
- Law and technology
- Public international law
- Family law
- Children and the law
- Public law
- IP law
- Wellbeing and the legal system
- Probation and non-custodial punishment
- Gender and criminal justice
- Criminology of war
- Colonial and post-colonial law and justice
- Private Law
- Medical negligence
- Gender-based harms and the civil law
Find a PhD
Search for PhD opportunities at Sheffield and be part of our world-leading research.