We are committed to giving you as many opportunities as possible to succeed. There are a number of funding opportunities available to students from both the UK and overseas.
Applications for PhD scholarships for study commencing in the 2021-22 academic year are now closed.
Our PhD scholarships include:
- University of Sheffield Research Scholarships
- PhD Research Council scholarships
- Hossein Farmy Scholarships
- China Scholarship Council
What's included and how they're awarded
The University of Sheffield Research Scholarships may cover tuition fees, stipend support, research training support funds or a combination of these. Further information is available here.
The scholarships are awarded on a competitive basis. Applications are assessed on the basis of academic success and qualifications, experience, research background, a clear well-articulated research proposal, the potential impact of the research and a good match with supervisor/department/faculty expertise.
How to apply
- In order to be considered for a scholarship you must firstly apply for a place to study, via the Postgraduate Online Application System for a place to study.
- Submit the scholarship application: Once you have completed step 1, or if you already have an offer to study with us, you should log into your postgraduate application and complete the additional scholarship section. Note the deadline for submitting a scholarship application is now closed.
If you have any questions about scholarships please see our FAQs or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find a PhD
Search for PhD opportunities at Sheffield and be part of our world-leading research.