Professor Vania Sena
Chair in Entrepreneurship and Enterprise
- Credit and Collateral. Routledge.
- Editorial: Big data and network analysis in national innovation systems (NIS). Technological Forecasting and Social Change, 168. View this article in WRRO
- The impact of institutions on collaborative innovations and the role of equity-based entry modes. British Journal of Management. View this article in WRRO
- AI and business models: the good, the bad and the ugly. Foundations and Trends® in Technology, Information and Operations Management, 14(4), 324-397. View this article in WRRO
- Understanding the network structure of agri-food FP7 projects: An approach to the effectiveness of innovation systems. Technological Forecasting and Social Change, 162. View this article in WRRO
- Impact of open innovation on industries and firms – A dynamic complex systems view. Technological Forecasting and Social Change, 159. View this article in WRRO
- Message framing in P2P lending relationships. Journal of Business Research. View this article in WRRO
- Big data and human resources management: The rise of talent analytics. Social Sciences, 8(10). View this article in WRRO
- Big data and performance: What can management research tell us?. British Journal of Management, 30(2), 219-228. View this article in WRRO
- Board independence, corruption and innovation. Some evidence on UK subsidiaries. Journal of Corporate Finance, 50, 22-43. View this article in WRRO
- Board Independence, Corruption and Innovation. Some evidence on UK subsidiaries. Journal of Corporate Finance, 50, 22-43.
- Domestic R&D spillovers and absorptive capacity: Some evidence for US, Europe and Japan. International Journal of Production Economics, 198, 38-49.
- Counterfactual Thinking and Entrepreneurial Career Intention. Academy of Management Proceedings, 2017(1), 15900-15900.
- Data Intelligence for Local Government? Assessing the Benefits and Barriers to Use of Big Data in the Public Sector. Policy & Internet, 9(1), 7-27.
- Trademarking activities and total factor productivity: Some evidence for British commercial banks using a metafrontier approach. Journal of Banking & Finance, 72, S70-S80. View this article in WRRO
- Appropriability mechanisms, innovation, and productivity: evidence from the UK. Economics of Innovation and New Technology, 26(1-2), 42-62. View this article in WRRO
- Trademarking status and economic efficiency among commercial banks: Some evidence for the UK. Journal of Banking & Finance, 49, 506-514. View this article in WRRO
- The Choice between Formal and Informal Intellectual Property: A Review. Journal of Economic Literature, 52(2), 375-423.
- Productivity, R&D Spillovers and Educational Attainment*. Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, 76(1), 1-23.
- Schumpeterian competition and efficiency among commercial banks. Journal of Banking & Finance, 37(12), 5176-5185. View this article in WRRO
- The importance (or not) of patents to UK firms. Oxford Economic Papers, 65(3), 603-629.
- Innovation and productivity in the financial sector. International Journal of Banking, Accounting and Finance, 4(2), 135-135.
- Gender, borrowing patterns and self-employment: some evidence for England. Small Business Economics, 38(4), 467-480.
- Technical efficiency and human capital in the retail sector. The Service Industries Journal, 31(16), 2661-2676.
- Human Capital: Theoretical and Empirical Insights. American Journal of Economics and Sociology, 70(2), 401-423.
- FINANCIAL CONSTRAINTS AND TECHNICAL EFFICIENCY: SOME EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE FOR ITALIAN PRODUCERS' COOPERATIVES. Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, 81(1), 21-38.
- Public capital, productivity and trade balances: some evidence for the Italian regions. Empirical Economics, 37(3), 533-554.
- Shadow price of capital and the Furubotn-Pejovich effect: Some empirical evidence for Italian wine cooperatives. Applied Stochastic Models in Business and Industry, 24(5), 495-505.
- Governance regimes, corruption and growth: Theory and evidence. Journal of Comparative Economics, 36(2), 195-220.
- Is competition really bad news for cooperatives? Some empirical evidence for Italian producers’ cooperatives. Journal of Productivity Analysis, 29(3), 221-233.
- Measuring productivity under different incentive structures. International Journal of Business Performance Management, 10(4), 366-366.
- Patterns of corporate governance and technical efficiency in Italian manufacturing. Managerial and Decision Economics, 28(1), 27-40.
- The determinants of firms’ performance: Can finance constraints improve technical efficiency?. European Journal of Operational Research, 172(1), 311-325.
- Public capital and total factor productivity: New evidence from the Italian regions, 1970–98. Regional Studies, 39(5), 603-617.
- Unions: Rent Creators or Extractors?*. Scandinavian Journal of Economics, 107(1), 103-121.
- Total factor productivity and the spillover hypothesis: Some new evidence. International Journal of Production Economics, 92(1), 31-42.
- The Return of the Prince of Denmark: A Survey on Recent Developments in the Economics of Innovation. The Economic Journal, 114(496), F312-F332.
- The Generalized Malmquist index and capacity utilization change: an application to the Italian manufacturing, 1989-1994. Applied Economics, 33(1), 1-9.
- Institutional pressures as drivers of circular economy in firms: a machine learning approach. Journal of Cleaner Production.
- University-enterprise cooperation for the employability of higher education graduates: a social capital approach. Studies in Higher Education.
- Developing Entrepreneurial Career Intention in Entrepreneurial University: The Role of Counterfactual Thinking. Studies in Higher Education.
- Spillover effects of investment in big data analytics in B2B relationships: What is the role of human capital?. Industrial Marketing Management.
- How do motivational factors influence entrepreneurs’ perception of business opportunities in different stages of entrepreneurship?. European Journal of Work and Organizational Psychology, 28(2), 179-190.
- View this article in WRRO High growth episodes among R&D intensive firms. Evidence for Europe, US and Japan. International Small Business Journal.
- Firm strategies under Covid-19 induced uncertainty: implications for policy, Productivity and the Pandemic (pp. 32-45). Edward Elgar Publishing
Conference proceedings papers
- Introducing innovation in social networks: A cost-benefit analysis of entry point selection. 2015 Third World Conference on Complex Systems (WCCS)
- Disentangling Faculty Efficiency from Students’ Effort, 105-128.
- Do Co-Operatives Promote Consumer Social Responsibility? The Case of Fair Trade in Italy, 51-75.
- Organizational Capital, Product Market Competition and Technical Efficiency in Italian Cooperatives, 29-45.
- Large-Scale Labour Market Restructuring and Labour Mobility: the Experiences of East Germany and Poland, 267-286.
- PROFIT-SHARING, TECHNICAL EFFICIENCY CHANGE AND FINANCE CONSTRAINTS, 149-167.