- New instrumentation in vibration engineering, environmental engineering and nanotechnology.
- Monitoring equipment for assessing the real-life performance of buildings: energy monitors, indoor environment monitors, heat flux monitors, thermal camera.
- Wind tunnel suitable for assessing the impact of wind on urban forms at 1:200 scale.
- Multi-axial testing equipment at elevated temperature.
- Testing rigs for ambient and elevated temperature conditions.
- Cement and concrete durability testing and material characterisation.
- Field laboratory for full-scale impact and explosion research.
- Large-scale triaxial apparatus for stress path and cyclic load testing.
- Flexible walled triaxial calibration chambers.
- Optical microscopy.
- Digital camera and measurement software
- Model pile testing and durability testing facilities.
- Granular flow model rig and complimentary high speed camera for debris flow simulations.
- Conventional and specialised soil testing apparatus, including a transparent soils laboratory.
- Centre for Energy and Infrastructure Ground Research - home to our world-leading 4 metre beam centrifuge, and complementary small-scale education centrifuge.
- Numerical modelling software including: LimitState, FLAC3D and LS-DYNA.
- Facility for experimental modelling of slope stability and landslide mechanics.
- Static and tilting research flumes.
- Urban drainage testing rigs, laser and video-based measurement systems.
- Pipe loop to explore dynamics of water distribution systems and a temperature controlled pipe loop to investigate water quality in distribution systems.
- Modern, fully equipped lab for microbiological, chemical and pollutant analysis.
- Experimental facilities for investigating environmental processes and pollutant interactions in the geosphere.
- Extensive field measurement and modelling software.