School of Law
Law Clinic Co-ordinator
- Research interests
Pro bono Law
- Teaching activities
I teach on the FreeLaw module offered in the school to students who volunteer for the FreeLaw legal clinic. I am the module convenor for the Special Project Pro bono Law Module
- Work with the School’s Director of Civic Engagement, Head of School and other senior staff in the School to help achieve the School’s strategic ambitions in civic engagement and learning and teaching.
- Have overall responsibility for the quality of the student experience in Sheffield Freelaw Clinic; and maintaining high standards of advice for clients of Sheffield Freelaw Clinic.
- Manage and supervise a team of students Sheffield Freelaw Clinic, providing effective mechanisms of oversight of legal advice given by Sheffield Freelaw Clinic, communicating requirements and monitoring and reviewing individual and team progress and performance, ensuring agreed service standards are implemented.
- Plan and organise individual and team activity on a long and short-term basis, ensuring plans complement and feed into the wider aims of the School strategy and that there is cohesion with other relevant areas, for example the Faculty and external stakeholders and other pro bono initiatives within the School and the University.
- Work with other colleagues in the Law School, who provide informal advice or act as a sounding board for students involved in Sheffield Freelaw Clinic.
- Ensure applicable SRA professional standards are met.
- Review, redesign where necessary, and operate, the operational arrangements, institutional design, policies and procedures of Sheffield Freelaw Clinic, meeting regularly with student team leaders and others in leadership roles within those arrangements, and update the arrangements where necessary.
- Deal with highly confidential issues, recognising the sensitivity and possible implications of such matters.
- Work in partnership with the School’s Director of Civic Engagement; External Engagement and Recruitment Officer, Electronic Resources and Web Manager, the Directors or Deputy Directors of Learning and Teaching and the Head of School