The School of Law wishes to invite applications for Visiting Fellowships from active research scholars from the UK and overseas who wish to spend time working here, and to contribute to the vibrant intellectual life of our School.
Our current visiting scholars
- Susan Chan, Barrister, 42 Bedford Chambers, UK
- Dr Shengqiang Chen, Henan University, China
- Dr Wei Gong, Chongqing University, China and University of International Business and Economics, China
- Peng Liu, Business College of Shanxi University, China
- Mr Trevor Pugh, Managing Director and Head of Sterling Trading at HSBC, UK
- Dr John-Paul Rooney, Partner, Withers & Rogers LLP, UK
How to Apply
Applications are welcome from scholars in any field of law or criminology. Preference will be given to applicants whose research is related to the research agenda of the members of the School and whose visit will lead to establishing lasting collaborative relationships that produce outcomes that are mutually beneficial to our staff and the visiting scholar. Visiting Fellows will be given work space and related facilities in the School of Law.
There is no financial support available, but the School is willing to assist in applications to other funding bodies to cover costs of travel and accommodation.
Visiting Fellows would be expected to present a paper based on their research during their time at the School.
Applications are welcome from scholars at any level of experience or seniority.
Applications can take up to six months to be approved by the Head of School, Faculty and Human Resources. Please consider this time frame when applying.
Visiting PhD students
If you'd like to come and study for a short period at the School of Law, you can apply as a visiting student.
Visiting PhD students are required to pay a pro-rata fee for the period in attendance at the University.