Management School success at University Education Awards
We are delighted to announce that at the recent University Education Awards ceremony, several members of staff from Sheffield University Management School were recognised for their excellent practice in learning and teaching. The ceremony took place on 17th May and saw members of the Management School community receive awards for their exceptional contributions this academic year.
The Education Awards are an opportunity to recognise and commend outstanding academic practices by individuals within the university. Nominations were open to all staff members, teachers and students. A panel of diverse university roles, including students, Department Heads and Faculty Director’s, came together to determine the winners.
We are proud to celebrate the following Winners and Highly Commended Individuals:
- Dr Anna Topakas, Lecturer in Work Psychology, was the winner of the Doctoral Supervision Award.
- Dr Kristin Hildenbrand, Lecturer in Leadership and Organisational Behaviour, and Professor Hossein Olya, Head of Marketing and Cultural Creative Industries Subject Group, were both Highly Commended for Doctoral Supervision.
- Dr Jo Padmore, Senior University Teacher in Quantitative Methods, was Highly Commended for demonstrating Leadership in Education for her work championing the roles of both Academic Tutors and Academic Representatives in promoting a positive student experience and in providing exemplary guidance on extenuating circumstances, ensuring equity for all students..
- Dr Panayiota Julie Alevizou, Programme Director of MSc Marketing Management Practice, was Highly Commended in the Teaching Practice (Staff) category for her innovative teaching on MGT6147 that both engages students with the local community and enables them to develop digital skills.
- Ann-Marie Thomas was Highly Commended in the Teaching Practice (PGR students who teach) for her skills in classroom facilitation, especially with large numbers of international students, and for her mentoring of peers.
- Richard Bruce, Programme Director of BA International Business Management, was Highly Commended for Academic Tutoring (Staff) for the specific support he provides to students who spend their second year studying abroad, ensuring they are well prepared ahead of this, have a fruitful year abroad, and transition successfully back when they return to Sheffield.
- Sophie Banbury, Learning and Teaching Manager (Student Experience) was Highly Commended for Building Communities in Education for the Balance and Belonging programme of student events designed to support student engagement and well-being.
- Loo Yeo, Learning Technology Officer was the Highly Commended for Digital Innovation in Education for his work supporting the introduction of BuddyCheck and in developing the SUMS Peer Evaluation Principles in group work at the Management School.
We extend our heartfelt congratulations to all of the winners and those who were highly commended for their great work and well-deserved recognition. You can view the award presentation slides here.
Events at the University
Browse upcoming public lectures, exhibitions, family events, concerts, shows and festivals across the University.