School of English
- BA in English Literature, University of Cambridge
- MA in English Literature, University of Sheffield
- Research interests
- 20th Century Poetry
- Literary Translation
My PhD is tentatively titled 'Elizabeth Bishop: The Lives of Objects'. My primary focus is on how Bishop treats objects in her writing, supplemented by considering how translation studies can add to our understanding of her writing process in letters, prose and poetry.
I suggest that Bishop treats her finished poems as objects in and of themselves.
- Research group
- Dr Jonathan Ellis
- Professor Joe Bray
- 'Elizabeth Bishop and the Three's' in Reading Elizabeth Bishop: An Edinburgh Companion (pub. 2018)
- Review of Elizabeth Bishop and Translation in Translation and Literature (Nov 2017)
- 'Jumping out of the box: Elizabeth Bishop and the Process of Translation' for Elizabeth Bishop in Paris 2018.