School of English
- BA English Literature, University of Sheffield, 2003
- MA English Literature, University of Sheffield, 2004
- Research interests
- Theatre history
- theatre historiography
- regional theatre
- documentary theatre
A study of Peter Cheeseman's work at the Victoria Theatre, Stoke-on-Trent from 1962-1971.
Based predominantly on the Victoria Theatre archive and oral history interviews, the study will encompass the origins of theatre-in-the-round in the UK and examine the influence of Cheeseman's seminal work in the region of North Staffordshire and beyond.
- Research group
- Bill McDonnell
- Steve Nicholson
- Professional activities and memberships
- Member of Society for Theatre Research (STR)
- TaPRA (Theatre and Performance Research Association)
- Conference papers'‘Gesticulating Peanuts’: the introduction of theatre-in-the-round to 1950s British Theatre', WRoCAH Journal, (Issue 3, July 2017)
- 'Avoiding ‘Cake-Mix’ theatre: siting a theatre-in-the-round outside of London in 1962', (TaPRA Conference, August 2017)
- 'A Grimy No-Man’s land: Stoke-on-Trent’s theatre in the 1960s', (University of Sheffield 'Mobile University', September 2017).