Dr Carole Bain
Executive Education Fellow
Full contact details
Sheffield University Management School
Carole works in the Executive and Professional Education team; her role covers end point assessment for our senior apprenticeship programmes and she is responsible for our short course provision.
- Research interests
Carole has undertaken MSc in Management Science and explored the role of emotional intelligence in job satisfaction. She completed her Doctorate in Business Administration (DBA) in 2018 which focussed on how individuals make sense of work within complex environments and the actions that they undertook to develop, maintain and disrupt organisational norms.
- Teaching interests
Accepting the perfect imperfections of ever-day life and understanding the interplay of intentions is an area that fascinates Carole. She works with individuals and teams to help them understand their strengths and work preferences and how to use these to good effect within a work context.
Carole delivers courses on ‘how it feels to work around here’, personality preferences at work, emotional intelligence of teams and individuals as well as more objective courses around organisational performance, balanced scorecards and human resource practices.
- Professional activities
- Associate member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD)
- Accredited Practioner (PSI Services LLC – formally JCA Global)
- Leadership Climate Indicator – a 360o. process which enablesmanagers to understand how their intent is being experienced by others (peers, people they manage, Line manager and other key stakeholders
- Team and individual emotional intelligence
- Personality Type Profiling
Conferences and Papers
- How it feels to work around here, 14th Annual HR Directors’ Business Summit, Birmingham, February 2015.
- Presentation and break-out session Culture meets climate, Association of British Psychologists, London, May 2014.
- Culture meets climate, Dennison International Culture Forum, Florida, February 2014.
Carole is currently co-authoring an innovative research monograph on organisational change in non-profit organisations.