Part-time Cambridge exam preparation classes
If you're planning on taking a Cambridge Assessment English exam at B2 First or C1 Advanced level then our part-time evening classes can help you prepare.
This course is for anyone over 18 planning on taking a Cambridge B2 First (FCE) or C1 Advanced (CAE) exam.
- Level: CEFR B2 & C1
- Cost: £440 including all tuition and materials. Exam entry fee not included.
- Dates: October to December 2021
- Hours: 2 classes a week of 2 hours for 10 weeks (40 hours in total)
- Apply: Apply Now
Cambridge English exams are recognised by over 25,000 universities, employers and governments around the world. Their English language tests can open doors to higher education, improve employment opportunities, and because they are globally recognized, can increase your choices for study and work.
About our Cambridge Exam preparation course
- Who is this course for?
We currently offer 2 different part-time Cambridge English preparation classes for the following Cambridge English exams:
- B2 First - A B2 First qualification proves you have the language skills to live and work independently in an English-speaking country or study on courses taught in English.
- C1 Advanced - A C1 Advanced qualification proves that you have reached an advanced level of English to work independently in an English speaking country or study on courses that require an advanced level of English.
Why take a Cambridge English exam?
- Your Cambridge B2 First or C1 Advanced Certificate exam results provide you with an official, international qualification that proves your level of English.
- Cambridge exams are globally-recognised by over 20,000 universities, governments and employers
- Once you have taken a Cambridge Certificate, your result is valid for life! This means you don't have to take it ever again.
- As well as all the benefits of a great reputation, the exams achieve their primary purpose – helping you gain the confidence you need to communicate effectively in English!
- What does the course cover?
During the course you will:
- Cover all tasks types required in the exam
- Learn strategies to help you during the exam
- Complete practice tests and get individual feedback from your teacher
- Increase you grammar and vocabulary range to help you in the exam
- Gain confidence in your English language skills
- Can I take my exam at your centre?
Yes, we are an official Cambridge Assessment English test centre, and offer regular B2 First and C1 Advanced examination dates.
Cambridge exam fees are not included with the fee for this preparation course. The 2021 exam fees at our centre are £145 for B2 First and £150 for C1 Advanced.
For more information on booking your Cambridge exam and to view upcoming examination dates at our centre, please visit our Cambridge Exams webpage:
- Upcoming Course Dates
Our next 10 week course will take place between Monday October 4th and Wednesday December 8th 2021.
Classes are provisionally scheduled to take place on Monday and Wednesday evenings each week from 5.30pm to 7.30pm.
The full course consists of 40 hours tuition - 2 x 2hr lessons per week over 10 weeks.
We are planning to offer in-person face-to-face classes on our upcoming October 2021 course in compliance with any social distancing guidelines in force at that time.
- Tuition Fees
The fees for the course are £440 and this includes tuition and all materials.
The Cambridge exam entry fee is not included as part of the course tuition fee.
How to apply
To apply for an upcoming course, please complete the application form below:
The deadline for applications to our October 2021 course is Wednesday September 15th.
After you have completed the application form, you will be invited to take a placement test to check that your level of English is appropriate for this course.
We will send you more information about the online test after you complete the application form.
Information for Under 18s
Our courses are designed for adults. Applicants who are under 18 are subject to a number of restrictions and administrative procedures.
The standard minimum age for our courses is 18 years. However, we will consider applications from applicants who are under 18 in some circumstances, and subject to satisfactory guardianship arrangements being in place. Please contact us for more information.
For further information on under 18s at the university please visit our "Students under the age of 18" webpage".
A world top-100 university
We're a world top-100 university renowned for the excellence, impact and distinctiveness of our research-led learning and teaching.