IELTS Exam Preparation Course
If you're planning on taking IELTS then our part-time evening classes can help you prepare.
Our IELTS Exam preparation course is for anyone over 18 wanting to improve their exam techniques for IELTS.
- Level: CEFR B2 / minimum IELTS 5.0
- Cost: £440 including all tuition and materials. Exam entry fee not included.
- Dates: October to December 2021
- Hours: 2 classes a week of 2 hours for 10 weeks (40 hours in total)
- Apply: Apply Now
IELTS is the world’s leading English language proficiency test, taken by over 1.7 million people each year. IELTS (Academic) assesses all of your English skills — reading, writing, listening and speaking, and is designed to reflect how you will use English for study. It is used for entry to universities all over the world, including The University of Sheffield
About our IELTS Exam preparation course
- Who is this course for?
These classes are suitable for anyone with little or no experience of IELTS or those that want to refresh their exam skills.
You may expect an improvement of half a band in each IELTS component from attending the course however this depends on external factors, like how much English is practised and studied outside the classroom and if you have previously taken an IELTS preparation course.
The classes focus on the test techniques and papers and NOT on general language improvement at a specific level.
The class is not suitable for students wanting to improve their IELTS grades more than 0.5 bands or who need significant language improvement to achieve a specific IELTS band score.
The course is suitable for students with a current overall IELTS score of 5.0 - 6.0, or a low B2 level in an equivalent exam. The course is not suitable for anyone with a lower or higher levels of English.
- What does the course cover?
During the course you will:
- Cover all parts of the exam and be given strategies, techniques and advice on how to achieve the score you need
- Complete a practice tests and get feedback from your teacher
- Practise speaking using a wide range of language used in the exam
- Develop your writing skills and learn how to analyse data and texts to help you write more accurately
- Listen to different talks, lectures, programmes and conversations
- Read a wide range of academic and exam style texts such as reports and academic articles
- Increase your grammar and vocabulary range to help you improve your score
- Can I take IELTS at your centre?
Yes, we are an official IELTS and Cambridge test centre, and offer frequent IELTS on Paper and IELTS on Computer examination dates.
IELTS exam fees are not included with the fee for this preparation course.
For more information on booking your IELTS exam and to view upcoming examination dates at our centre, please visit our IELTS webpage:
- Upcoming Course Dates
Our next 10 week course will take place between Monday October 4th and Wednesday December 8th 2021.
Classes are provisionally scheduled to take place on Monday and Wednesday evenings each week from 5.30pm to 7.30pm.
The full course consists of 40 hours tuition - 2 x 2hr lessons per week over 10 weeks.
We are planning to offer in-person face-to-face classes on our upcoming October 2021 course in compliance with any social distancing guidelines in force at that time.
- Tuition Fees
The tuition fee for the course is £440 and this includes:
- All tuition and materials provided as part of the course
- A wide range of motivating materials, including digital resources and a coursebook
- Practice tests
- Access to our online learning platform and a range of self-study materials
- Regular targeted support from your teacher helps you to achieve your learning goals.
The IELTS exam entry fee is not included as part of the course tuition fee.
You can book an IELTS exam at our test centre for £176 in 2021 by visiting the link below:
How to apply
To apply for an upcoming course, please complete the application form below:
The deadline for applications to our October 2021 course passed on Wednesday September 15th. Please check back later for more information about future courses.
After you have completed the application form, you will be invited to take a placement test to check that your level of English is appropriate for this course.
We will send you more information about the online test after you complete the application form.
Information for Under 18s
Our courses are designed for adults. Applicants who are under 18 are subject to a number of restrictions and administrative procedures.
The standard minimum age for our courses is 18 years. However, we will consider applications from applicants who are under 18 in some circumstances, and subject to satisfactory guardianship arrangements being in place. Please contact us for more information.
For further information on under 18s at the university please visit our "Students under the age of 18" webpage".
A world top-100 university
We're a world top-100 university renowned for the excellence, impact and distinctiveness of our research-led learning and teaching.