About Sheffield Institute of Corporate and Commercial Law (SICCL)
The Sheffield Institute for Corporate and Commercial Law (SICCL) includes members committed to research on law and the economy, including markets and their limitations. We take a pluralistic and interdisciplinary approach, informed by both the social sciences and the humanities, and engage with a variety of perspectives, including doctrinal, socio-legal and empirical, law and economics, critical, philosophical, historical and comparative.
SICCL members are actively involved in research and policy-making in many aspects of corporate and commercial law (broadly conceived), including:
- Contract Law: Dr Joe Atkinson; Professor Tsachi Keren-Paz; Zoe Ollerenshaw
- Company Law, including Corporate Governance and Corporate Social Responsibility: Dr Luke Blindell; Dr Navajyoti Samanta
- Labour Law: Dr Joe Atkinson
- Law and Development: Dr Ding Chen
- Regulation & Governance: Professor Bojan Bugarič; Dr Richard Craven; Dr Sarah Kebbell; Stefanie Pletz
- Restitution: Professor Tsachi Keren-Paz
- Tort Law: Dr Joe Atkinson; Professor Tsachi Keren-Paz
- Trade Law: Professor Bojan Bugarič; Dr Richard Craven; Stefanie Pletz
The University’s four flagship institutes bring together our key strengths to tackle global issues, turning interdisciplinary and translational research into real-world solutions.