I was awarded a BA-MSc in Urban and Regional Planning from the Istanbul Technical University. Following the completion of my PhD in Housing Economics at the University of Sheffield, I have worked on funded projects for the Interreg IVB, Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, Department of Communities and Local Government, Investment Property Forum.
I am currently the Study Abroad and Erasmus Tutor.
My research interests focus on understanding the structure of urban housing market and specifically exploring the relative merits of different approaches to capturing neighbourhood segmentation within house price models by using quantitative methods. My research adopts a variety of econometric methods to the analysis of property markets by investigating the effectiveness of different modelling techniques at capturing housing market segmentation.
Current and Recent Projects
I currently teach the following modules:
- TRP107, Economics for Spatial Planning
- TRP108, Information and Communication Skills
- TRP109, Data Analysis and Presentation
- TRP132, Planning Project
- TRP424/624, International Real Estate Market Analysis
- TRP6410, Real Easte Economics
- Alkay E, Watkins C & Keskin B (2018) Explaining spatial variation in housing construction activity in Turkey. International Journal of Strategic Property Management, 22 (2), 119-130. View this article in WRRO
- Keskin B, Dunning R & Watkins C (2017) Modelling the impact of earthquake activity on real estate values: a multi-level approach. Journal of European Real Estate Research, 10 (1), 73-90.
- Mell I, Henneberry JM, Hehl-Lange S, & Keskin B (2016) To green or not to green: Establishing the economic value of green infrastructure investments in The Wicker, Sheffield. Urban Forestry & Urban Greening.
- Keskin B & Watkins C (2016), Defining spatial housing submarkets: Exploring the case for expert delineated boundaries. Urban Studies. View this article on White Rose Research Online
- Mell I, Henneberry J, Hehl-Lange S & Keskin B (2013) Promoting urban greening: Valuing the development of green infrastructure investments in the urban core of Manchester, UK. Urban Forestry & Urban Greening, 12(4), 296-306.
- Keskin B (2008) Hedonic Analysis of Price in the Istanbul Housing Market. International Journal Of Strategic Property Management, 12(2), 125-138.
- Gokmen GP, Yuksel YD, Erkok F, Alkiser Y & Keskin B (2006) Evaluating and reducing earthquake risks of squatter settlements in Istanbul. Open House International, 31 (1), 116-124.
- Onder Z, Dokmeci V, Keskin B (2004) The Impact of Public Perception of Earthquake Risk on Istanbul’s Housing Market. Journal Of Real Estate Literature, 12(2), 181-194.